Blood in my urine?-answer found!

rubyroselee

Blood in my urine???

Hi Christian,

I have recurring kidney stones and I've experienced one UTI before.

My symptoms that led me to a kidney stone diagnosis was blood in my urine. I had no pain associated with it. Years later, I have had off and on flank pain, sometimes associated with hematuria and urinary frequency.

My only symptom related to the UTI was severe back pain. I know that the symptoms of a UTI can vary though, and usually include burning, urinary frequency and urgency, and sometimes flank pain if it's gotten severe.

Keep us updated and hopefully you can figure out what's causing it.

rubyroselee

Blood in my urine???

Hi Christian,

My symptoms that led me to a kidney stone diagnosis was blood in my urine. I had no pain associated with it. Years later, I have had off and on flank pain, sometimes associated with hematuria and urinary frequency.

My only symptom related to the UTI was severe back pain. I know that the symptoms of a UTI can vary though, and usually include burning, urinary frequency and urgency, and sometimes flank pain if it's gotten severe.

rubyroselee

Blood in my urine???

Hi Christian,

rubyroselee

Blood in my urine???

Hi Christian,

rubyroselee

Blood in my urine???

Hi Christian,
<br />
<br />I have recurring kidney stones and I've experienced one UTI before.
<br />
<br />My symptoms that led me to a kidney stone diagnosis was blood in my urine. I had no pain associated with it. Years later, I have had off and on flank pain, sometimes associated with hematuria and urinary frequency.
<br />
<br />My only symptom related to the UTI was severe back pain. I know that the symptoms of a UTI can vary though, and usually include burning, urinary frequency and urgency, and sometimes flank pain if it's gotten severe.
<br />
<br />Keep us updated and hopefully you can figure out what's causing it.

Scarlett81

Blood in my urine???

well last night i decided to go the er. the fact that i've been having this pain for so long worried me and sudden blood on top of it.
i got there and it was packed. they said i wouldn't even see a nurse for 5 hrs since i wasn't considered an emergent case.

my obgyn at my cf hosp said to come in the am, so i did that today.
she did a urine culture-it will be ok bc i didn't decide to take the cipro that night so it wouldn't mess up the culture.
she did a pelvic exam and ordered a pelvic and abdomen sonogram and i saw the cf doc who did abdomen and chest xrays.
so we'll see what the results show.

they said it could be any of the following:
kidney stones-which would explain the on and off pain for 2 months and the blood.
ovarian problems-which would explain pain but not blood in urine.
uti-explains both, but i havent had the typical uti burning and pain.
or gastro intestinal problems...doesn't explain blood in urine though.

today there was no blood in urine, but the abdomen pain is worse-for an hour or so it felt like the early stages of labor, for real.

i hope i get an answer here.

Scarlett81

Blood in my urine???

well last night i decided to go the er. the fact that i've been having this pain for so long worried me and sudden blood on top of it.
i got there and it was packed. they said i wouldn't even see a nurse for 5 hrs since i wasn't considered an emergent case.

she did a urine culture-it will be ok bc i didn't decide to take the cipro that night so it wouldn't mess up the culture.
she did a pelvic exam and ordered a pelvic and abdomen sonogram and i saw the cf doc who did abdomen and chest xrays.

kidney stones-which would explain the on and off pain for 2 months and the blood.

today there was no blood in urine, but the abdomen pain is worse-for an hour or so it felt like the early stages of labor, for real.

Scarlett81

Blood in my urine???

Scarlett81

Blood in my urine???

Scarlett81

Blood in my urine???

<br />i got there and it was packed. they said i wouldn't even see a nurse for 5 hrs since i wasn't considered an emergent case.
<br />
<br />my obgyn at my cf hosp said to come in the am, so i did that today.
<br />she did a urine culture-it will be ok bc i didn't decide to take the cipro that night so it wouldn't mess up the culture.
<br />she did a pelvic exam and ordered a pelvic and abdomen sonogram and i saw the cf doc who did abdomen and chest xrays.
<br />so we'll see what the results show.
<br />
<br />they said it could be any of the following:
<br />kidney stones-which would explain the on and off pain for 2 months and the blood.
<br />ovarian problems-which would explain pain but not blood in urine.
<br />uti-explains both, but i havent had the typical uti burning and pain.
<br />or gastro intestinal problems...doesn't explain blood in urine though.
<br />
<br />today there was no blood in urine, but the abdomen pain is worse-for an hour or so it felt like the early stages of labor, for real.
<br />
<br />i hope i get an answer here.
<br />

Scarlett81

Blood in my urine???

headed back to the ER now-the pain is worse and it kept me up all night. this time i'm going to the er in NYC.
I wanted to get the sono scheduled asap so they did it, but since its an outpatient thing, doc said they wouldn't get results anytime soon so she's suggesting i go the er and do it all at once-they'd do sono and whatever else they need.
i guess i'm gonna do that.
its doing a longggg strung out day, but its one day from h*ll or everyday back into nyc for tests till they get this nailed.

ugggg...
i'm lost-i don't know what to do. i've never had probs like this before.

Scarlett81

Blood in my urine???

headed back to the ER now-the pain is worse and it kept me up all night. this time i'm going to the er in NYC.
I wanted to get the sono scheduled asap so they did it, but since its an outpatient thing, doc said they wouldn't get results anytime soon so she's suggesting i go the er and do it all at once-they'd do sono and whatever else they need.
its doing a longggg strung out day, but its one day from h*ll or everyday back into nyc for tests till they get this nailed.

ugggg...

Scarlett81

Blood in my urine???

ugggg...

Scarlett81

Blood in my urine???

ugggg...

Scarlett81

Blood in my urine???

<br />I wanted to get the sono scheduled asap so they did it, but since its an outpatient thing, doc said they wouldn't get results anytime soon so she's suggesting i go the er and do it all at once-they'd do sono and whatever else they need.
<br />i guess i'm gonna do that.
<br />its doing a longggg strung out day, but its one day from h*ll or everyday back into nyc for tests till they get this nailed.
<br />
<br />ugggg...
<br />i'm lost-i don't know what to do. i've never had probs like this before.
<br />