Blood in stools?

Mistyjo

Jasey had blood in her stools twice last week and again the other night. Does anyone else have a problem with this? Her cf doctor is referring her to GI. Her stools have been tested for bacterial infection and parasites. They've only tested positive for blood. She was in the hospital a few weeks ago for c diff colitis. Any advice? Thanks!

Mistyjo

Jasey had blood in her stools twice last week and again the other night. Does anyone else have a problem with this? Her cf doctor is referring her to GI. Her stools have been tested for bacterial infection and parasites. They've only tested positive for blood. She was in the hospital a few weeks ago for c diff colitis. Any advice? Thanks!

missgunky

I have that problem too. Same exact description. In my case, it's due to hard stool, hemmorhoids, and stress (I tend to tighten my abdomen, thus "holding the poo in" when I'm stressed). I have to take Colase stool softener and make sure that when I have to go, I go, and not try to hold it in. This problem used to be worse when I was on more enzymes. She might be taking too many enzymes, which are causing her stools to be really hard to pass.

missgunky

I have that problem too. Same exact description. In my case, it's due to hard stool, hemmorhoids, and stress (I tend to tighten my abdomen, thus "holding the poo in" when I'm stressed). I have to take Colase stool softener and make sure that when I have to go, I go, and not try to hold it in. This problem used to be worse when I was on more enzymes. She might be taking too many enzymes, which are causing her stools to be really hard to pass.

I agree with hemoroids - however I have only experience with this with my grandma - passed away - when we where taking care of her - no cf however - so I don't know about enzymes - but she drank too little and had very hard stools ...

I agree with hemoroids - however I have only experience with this with my grandma - passed away - when we where taking care of her - no cf however - so I don't know about enzymes - but she drank too little and had very hard stools ...

Mistyjo

Her stools are soft and at times loose. She's on exlax daily but the enzymes have made the biggest difference for her for the better. It just concerns me because she just had c diff colitis. She tested negative for it this time. Now I'll be paranoid over her getting that again!

Mistyjo

Her stools are soft and at times loose. She's on exlax daily but the enzymes have made the biggest difference for her for the better. It just concerns me because she just had c diff colitis. She tested negative for it this time. Now I'll be paranoid over her getting that again!

Go and cheque all possibiliteis...
I understand about being paranoid...
My daughetr sometimes has a red bottom - but its only due to delicate skin. However when she get loose stools it get worst and I have to be carefull and use creams like for a baby - sudocreme or other. My cf doc said its normal in cf and we have to watch out for it as it can even lead to small bleeding. but this is exeternal..
don't wait for for more blood but ask your cf doc or other pedatrian... as this may caouse bigger problems in future.

Go and cheque all possibiliteis...
I understand about being paranoid...
My daughetr sometimes has a red bottom - but its only due to delicate skin. However when she get loose stools it get worst and I have to be carefull and use creams like for a baby - sudocreme or other. My cf doc said its normal in cf and we have to watch out for it as it can even lead to small bleeding. but this is exeternal..
don't wait for for more blood but ask your cf doc or other pedatrian... as this may caouse bigger problems in future.

Mistyjo

Thanks for your help. Both her surgeon and cf doctor know about the blood. For the past few days her stool hasn't had any signs of blood so I'm hoping it was just viral or hemrhoid.

Mistyjo

Thanks for your help. Both her surgeon and cf doctor know about the blood. For the past few days her stool hasn't had any signs of blood so I'm hoping it was just viral or hemrhoid.