Blood streaked sputum

eli

I was just wondering what does it mean if you cough up blood streaked sputem.

My daughter coughed up a bit of (clear) phlem sp? the other day and it had little streaks of blood through it.

It has not happened again, although she has developed a bit of cough which only lasts up to about lunchtime and then its gone for the rest of the day. Wierd, i know.

Any thoughts/info would be great!

eli

My daughter coughed up a bit of (clear) phlem sp? the other day and it had little streaks of blood through it.

It has not happened again, although she has developed a bit of cough which only lasts up to about lunchtime and then its gone for the rest of the day. Wierd, i know.

eli

eli

eli

eli

lightNlife

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/252356/understanding_hemoptysis_in_cystic.html">Understanding Hemoptysis</a>

Hemoptysis is the technical term for coughing up blood. This article describes the possible causes. It's probable that your daughter is at the beginning stages of an infection, but it's hard to tell based on the information you provided.

lightNlife

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/252356/understanding_hemoptysis_in_cystic.html">Understanding Hemoptysis</a>

Hemoptysis is the technical term for coughing up blood. This article describes the possible causes. It's probable that your daughter is at the beginning stages of an infection, but it's hard to tell based on the information you provided.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

AnD

If this is the first time she has coughed up any blood, (and especially since she has developed more of a cough even if it is small), I would contact her doctor and let them know.

AnD

If this is the first time she has coughed up any blood, (and especially since she has developed more of a cough even if it is small), I would contact her doctor and let them know.

AnD

AnD

AnD