Blood test results from TX eval

NYCLawGirl

My tx center doctor just called me to say that my blood test results showed a "low positive" for hepatitis C at my tx evaluation. He says he is almost certain it's a false positive (he said 3% chance of being real) because chronic infections can lead people to develop antibodies that show up on the screen but are not in fact indicative of having Hep C.

I am at my wit's end. All week I've waited for the tx center to contact me, at the expense of being distracted at work and feeling extremely overwhelmed. Now they do contact me and it's just one more thing to worry about. I have to go and get another blood draw done and I'm hoping and praying that these results don't take ANOTHER week to process. Has this happened to anyone else here? I feel like I'm losing my mind just as I was coming to grips with the possibility of transplant and getting evaluated.

Sorry to sound like such a pity party. I know I can't do anything right now and that I should just try to file this away in the back of my mind and keep going, but good lord how much can people handle at one time? I feel like we all deserve a break...

Here's hoping that soon I can post on here with some happy news that this was all just a bad dream and the new test showed I don't have this. Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t.

NYCLawGirl

My tx center doctor just called me to say that my blood test results showed a "low positive" for hepatitis C at my tx evaluation. He says he is almost certain it's a false positive (he said 3% chance of being real) because chronic infections can lead people to develop antibodies that show up on the screen but are not in fact indicative of having Hep C.

I am at my wit's end. All week I've waited for the tx center to contact me, at the expense of being distracted at work and feeling extremely overwhelmed. Now they do contact me and it's just one more thing to worry about. I have to go and get another blood draw done and I'm hoping and praying that these results don't take ANOTHER week to process. Has this happened to anyone else here? I feel like I'm losing my mind just as I was coming to grips with the possibility of transplant and getting evaluated.

Sorry to sound like such a pity party. I know I can't do anything right now and that I should just try to file this away in the back of my mind and keep going, but good lord how much can people handle at one time? I feel like we all deserve a break...

Here's hoping that soon I can post on here with some happy news that this was all just a bad dream and the new test showed I don't have this. Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t.

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

<br />
<br />I am at my wit's end. All week I've waited for the tx center to contact me, at the expense of being distracted at work and feeling extremely overwhelmed. Now they do contact me and it's just one more thing to worry about. I have to go and get another blood draw done and I'm hoping and praying that these results don't take ANOTHER week to process. Has this happened to anyone else here? I feel like I'm losing my mind just as I was coming to grips with the possibility of transplant and getting evaluated.
<br />
<br />Sorry to sound like such a pity party. I know I can't do anything right now and that I should just try to file this away in the back of my mind and keep going, but good lord how much can people handle at one time? I feel like we all deserve a break...
<br />
<br />Here's hoping that soon I can post on here with some happy news that this was all just a bad dream and the new test showed I don't have this. Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t.

W

welshwitch

omg that totally happened to me! once i took the 2 hour glucose test and the dr. called and said i failed it....took it again and passed it. In between I had a complete heart attack and convinced myself that this was the End.

now, i think that if there's only a 3% chance it's positive, then think of it like there's 97% chance it's negative.

Try to think of the Big Picture. This is just a little hiccup in your road to getting transplanted. it is totally sh**ty that they have to scare the crap out of you with this completely unnecessary info....but it's their job. They have to let you know these things so that you lose sleep at night.

It sucks that with CF they're always looking out for these scary scenarios, huh?

Hang in there and let us know what happens!!!!

W

welshwitch

omg that totally happened to me! once i took the 2 hour glucose test and the dr. called and said i failed it....took it again and passed it. In between I had a complete heart attack and convinced myself that this was the End.

now, i think that if there's only a 3% chance it's positive, then think of it like there's 97% chance it's negative.

Try to think of the Big Picture. This is just a little hiccup in your road to getting transplanted. it is totally sh**ty that they have to scare the crap out of you with this completely unnecessary info....but it's their job. They have to let you know these things so that you lose sleep at night.

It sucks that with CF they're always looking out for these scary scenarios, huh?

W

welshwitch

W

welshwitch

W

welshwitch

<br />
<br />now, i think that if there's only a 3% chance it's positive, then think of it like there's 97% chance it's negative.
<br />
<br />Try to think of the Big Picture. This is just a little hiccup in your road to getting transplanted. it is totally sh**ty that they have to scare the crap out of you with this completely unnecessary info....but it's their job. They have to let you know these things so that you lose sleep at night.
<br />
<br />It sucks that with CF they're always looking out for these scary scenarios, huh?
<br />
<br />Hang in there and let us know what happens!!!!