Blood Work

rubiesmom

I agree with just1more about the Emla. My daughter uses it every time she has to get blood work done. She calls it "magic cream". It completely numbs it and there are absolutely no tears. Its a wonderful product if you ask me. Ask the doc at the clinic, I'm sure they'll have it. Good luck.

Liz
mom to Rubie 8, diagnosed 2/16/07

rubiesmom

I agree with just1more about the Emla. My daughter uses it every time she has to get blood work done. She calls it "magic cream". It completely numbs it and there are absolutely no tears. Its a wonderful product if you ask me. Ask the doc at the clinic, I'm sure they'll have it. Good luck.

Liz

rubiesmom

Liz

rubiesmom

Liz

rubiesmom

<br />
<br />Liz
<br />mom to Rubie 8, diagnosed 2/16/07

ehtansky21

Well,
we went to do the lab draw and I am so mad at myself. I totally forgot they had to be fasting and no one at the clinic reminded me of this. So we went, Ethan Sky cried the whole drive there and now we have to do it all over again.
Blessings,
Missa

ehtansky21

Well,
we went to do the lab draw and I am so mad at myself. I totally forgot they had to be fasting and no one at the clinic reminded me of this. So we went, Ethan Sky cried the whole drive there and now we have to do it all over again.
Blessings,
Missa

ehtansky21

Well,
Blessings,
Missa

ehtansky21

Well,
Blessings,
Missa

ehtansky21

Well,
<br />we went to do the lab draw and I am so mad at myself. I totally forgot they had to be fasting and no one at the clinic reminded me of this. So we went, Ethan Sky cried the whole drive there and now we have to do it all over again.
<br />Blessings,
<br />Missa

OperaMama

Oy! Twice the worry-- sorry for you all. Francis used to dread the annual blood draw more than anything because the first one he remembers from last year (at age 5) was done poorly. Last month despite all his dread, the nurse was calm, smooth, and good. We also discussed how it isn't that bad-- not much worse than a vaccine (which he has willed himself not to cry over for four years now). We talk about insulin pumps, g-tubes, and the Bad Old Days before immunizations, etc. All this intellectualizing doesn't quell the fear in the moment but it does put some perspective. When I told him I used to voluntarily give blood for years while his daddy didn't, he really thought about that! GOOD LUCK WITH THE SITCH WHILE THEY HAVE LOW BLOOD-SUGAR!!!

OperaMama

Oy! Twice the worry-- sorry for you all. Francis used to dread the annual blood draw more than anything because the first one he remembers from last year (at age 5) was done poorly. Last month despite all his dread, the nurse was calm, smooth, and good. We also discussed how it isn't that bad-- not much worse than a vaccine (which he has willed himself not to cry over for four years now). We talk about insulin pumps, g-tubes, and the Bad Old Days before immunizations, etc. All this intellectualizing doesn't quell the fear in the moment but it does put some perspective. When I told him I used to voluntarily give blood for years while his daddy didn't, he really thought about that! GOOD LUCK WITH THE SITCH WHILE THEY HAVE LOW BLOOD-SUGAR!!!

OperaMama

OperaMama

OperaMama