Boiling nebs?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff, we also boil nebs daily. DS nebs albuterol/atrovent 3 times a day, tobi twice and pulmozyme once, so we have enough neb cups that I can boil them over my noon hour. We don't want to run the risk of bacteria or anything growing in the neb cups and getting into DS' lungs. And it's amazing in a humid climate how quickly mold can grow on those things. Had some we travelled with, used in the morning, set aside then put in a baggy to take home with us to sterilize and the next day there was mold on them.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff, we also boil nebs daily. DS nebs albuterol/atrovent 3 times a day, tobi twice and pulmozyme once, so we have enough neb cups that I can boil them over my noon hour. We don't want to run the risk of bacteria or anything growing in the neb cups and getting into DS' lungs. And it's amazing in a humid climate how quickly mold can grow on those things. Had some we travelled with, used in the morning, set aside then put in a baggy to take home with us to sterilize and the next day there was mold on them.

ffevziyildiz

<strong>Hi jcwise62;</strong>
<strong>I m from Turkey and have a son who has got delf508&r347p mutations. I read that your son is 12 years old then i want to ask something about cystic fibrosis. I believe that you are veteran about this mutations becausemy son is 20 months old. Cen i ask something?</strong>

ffevziyildiz

<strong>Hi jcwise62;</strong>
<strong>I m from Turkey and have a son who has got delf508&r347p mutations. I read that your son is 12 years old then i want to ask something about cystic fibrosis. I believe that you are veteran about this mutations becausemy son is 20 months old. Cen i ask something?</strong>

sweetninis

I put my daughter's mouthpiece and neb cup in a refrigeorator with her remaining normalsaline in the cup and I boil the nebs cup and the mask once a week.

sweetninis

I put my daughter's mouthpiece and neb cup in a refrigeorator with her remaining normalsaline in the cup and I boil the nebs cup and the mask once a week.

J

jcwise62

Thanks to all for all the replies. I think we are on the right track, maybe wash and clean 3 x a week instead of the current 1 to 2.

While I understand the bacteria growth issue, I cannot believe anything would grow in 4 days in salt water. I might need to rethink and push the pulmozyme to every other day if not every day.

Again, thanks for the feed back.

Jeff

J

jcwise62

Thanks to all for all the replies. I think we are on the right track, maybe wash and clean 3 x a week instead of the current 1 to 2.

While I understand the bacteria growth issue, I cannot believe anything would grow in 4 days in salt water. I might need to rethink and push the pulmozyme to every other day if not every day.

Again, thanks for the feed back.

Jeff

kitomd21

I boil DD's nebs before each use...not taking the chance of bacterial growth. I use tap water as well...boil x 10 mins...

kitomd21

I boil DD's nebs before each use...not taking the chance of bacterial growth. I use tap water as well...boil x 10 mins...