bowel blockage

missgunky

Hi, everybody. I get two different kinds of blockages - the constipation kind, and the "mucus getting in the way" kind. When I get the latter kind, the number two is thinner and there's some mucus dripping into the toilet. For that, I use what CHOP calls a "mucomyst cocktail." You dump a vial of mucomyst in a cup, add some fruit juice or soda to it to make it "palatable" (yeah, right), hold your nose, and drink it like a shot of alcohol - real fast! It works.

missgunky

Hi, everybody. I get two different kinds of blockages - the constipation kind, and the "mucus getting in the way" kind. When I get the latter kind, the number two is thinner and there's some mucus dripping into the toilet. For that, I use what CHOP calls a "mucomyst cocktail." You dump a vial of mucomyst in a cup, add some fruit juice or soda to it to make it "palatable" (yeah, right), hold your nose, and drink it like a shot of alcohol - real fast! It works.

missgunky

missgunky

missgunky

Mockingbird

Usually the blockage is more uncomfortable when you get up in the morning. If he's not eating very well (or just generally not feeling well) every morning morning, but he seems to be eating/feeling fine in the afternoon and night, that could be a good sign he's starting to have problems.

Mockingbird

Usually the blockage is more uncomfortable when you get up in the morning. If he's not eating very well (or just generally not feeling well) every morning morning, but he seems to be eating/feeling fine in the afternoon and night, that could be a good sign he's starting to have problems.

Mockingbird

Mockingbird

Mockingbird

paysmom

Thanks guys it looks like everything has passed and today he did have a little bit of mucus in his bm. I am going to make sure he goes once a day for the next few days. Is there anything else I should watch for.

paysmom

Thanks guys it looks like everything has passed and today he did have a little bit of mucus in his bm. I am going to make sure he goes once a day for the next few days. Is there anything else I should watch for.

paysmom

paysmom

paysmom

Transplantmommy

I'm glad that things have passed!

I did forget to mention one other thing that happens from time to time when I get and obstruction....vomiting because of the severe pain.

Make sure that your son is drinking plenty of fluids during the day and this should help with not getting a blockage.

Transplantmommy

I did forget to mention one other thing that happens from time to time when I get and obstruction....vomiting because of the severe pain.

Make sure that your son is drinking plenty of fluids during the day and this should help with not getting a blockage.

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />I did forget to mention one other thing that happens from time to time when I get and obstruction....vomiting because of the severe pain.
<br />
<br />Make sure that your son is drinking plenty of fluids during the day and this should help with not getting a blockage.