Broken Rib???

mamerth

I had my back adjusted a few weeks ago.  Shortly after I had a horrible chest and back pain.  I could barely breath and the pain was horrible.  I put ice on it over night.  Things felt better in the morning.  Since then my chest hurts once a while when I stretch or do my vest.  The past couple of days (this weekend) my sternum hurts and tonight my ribs under my arm hurts.
I have also been coughing more than normally (clear mucus).  It is not comfortable to cough but no painful.  Lots of spams especially at night. Having to sleep elevated.
I have broken my ribs before... 
Is it possible when I got my back adjusted I ended up breaking a rib??? 
P.S.  Hubby put an ace bandage on my chest... it kinda helps.
I have had sternum pain before (likely costochondritis)

mamerth

I had my back adjusted a few weeks ago. Shortly after I had a horrible chest and back pain. I could barely breath and the pain was horrible. I put ice on it over night. Things felt better in the morning. Since then my chest hurts once a while when I stretch or do my vest. The past couple of days (this weekend) my sternum hurts and tonight my ribs under my arm hurts.
I have also been coughing more than normally (clear mucus). It is not comfortable to cough but no painful. Lots of spams especially at night. Having to sleep elevated.
I have broken my ribs before...
Is it possible when I got my back adjusted I ended up breaking a rib???
P.S. Hubby put an ace bandage on my chest... it kinda helps.
I have had sternum pain before (likelycostochondritis)

mamerth

<p>I had my back adjusted a few weeks ago. Shortly after I had a horrible chest and back pain. I could barely breath and the pain was horrible. I put ice on it over night. Things felt better in the morning. Since then my chest hurts once a while when I stretch or do my vest. The past couple of days (this weekend) my sternum hurts and tonight my ribs under my arm hurts.
<p>I have also been coughing more than normally (clear mucus). It is not comfortable to cough but no painful. Lots of spams especially at night. Having to sleep elevated.
<p>I have broken my ribs before...
<p>Is it possible when I got my back adjusted I ended up breaking a rib???
<p>P.S. Hubby put an ace bandage on my chest... it kinda helps.
<p>I have had sternum pain before (likelycostochondritis)
<p>

duke1234

That's possible, it could also just be a strained or pulled muscle and it could be a pneumothorax, which shouldn't be left untreated. Since its been a couple weeks and hasnt gotten better I would go get a chest xray to make sure things are ok.

duke1234

That's possible, it could also just be a strained or pulled muscle and it could be a pneumothorax, which shouldn't be left untreated. Since its been a couple weeks and hasnt gotten better I would go get a chest xray to make sure things are ok.

duke1234

Brad

If you are still having pain after a few weeks, it's a good idea to go have it Xrays to see
for sure what the issue is..

I once tore the meat in between 3 ribs, it hurt lik the heck for a few week.
It also took my breath when it happen and made my cough very shallow , of course is
not good..

I Hope You get it looked at and you feel better Soon !!

Brad

If you are still having pain after a few weeks, it's a good idea to go have it Xrays to see
for sure what the issue is..

I once tore the meat in between 3 ribs, it hurt lik the heck for a few week.
It also took my breath when it happen and made my cough very shallow , of course is
not good..

I Hope You get it looked at and you feel better Soon !!

Brad

<br /> If you are still having pain after a few weeks, it's a good idea to go have it Xrays to see
<br /> for sure what the issue is..
<br />
<br /> I once tore the meat in between 3 ribs, it hurt lik the heck for a few week.
<br /> It also took my breath when it happen and made my cough very shallow , of course is
<br /> not good..
<br />
<br /> I Hope You get it looked at and you feel better Soon !!

andrdyb

Yes, I would go have this checked.  This is exactly what my daughter (with CF) was thinking when she had the same symptoms and it turned out she had Pleurisy.  She was totally fine once she got it treated. 

andrdyb

Yes, I would go have this checked. This is exactly what my daughter (with CF) was thinking when she had the same symptoms and it turned out she had Pleurisy. She was totally fine once she got it treated.

andrdyb

<p>Yes, I would go have this checked. This is exactly what my daughter (with CF) was thinking when she had the same symptoms and it turned out she had Pleurisy. She was totally fine once she got it treated.

mamerth

Thank you for your advice.

The pain is better. I got my sternum to pop and something else popped in my rib area. I am still sleeping elevated.

So thankful the pain is better and I can cough without hesitation. Still having the "spasmy" cough but I am thinking that might be allergies or my NTM acting up.

I have a CT scan scheduled for July for my NTM. Hopefully I can make it till then.

mamerth

The pain is better. I got my sternum to pop and something else popped in my rib area. I am still sleeping elevated.

So thankful the pain is better and I can cough without hesitation. Still having the "spasmy" cough but I am thinking that might be allergies or my NTM acting up.

I have a CT scan scheduled for July for my NTM. Hopefully I can make it till then.

mamerth

<br />
<br />The pain is better. I got my sternum to pop and something else popped in my rib area. I am still sleeping elevated.
<br />
<br />So thankful the pain is better and I can cough without hesitation. Still having the "spasmy" cough but I am thinking that might be allergies or my NTM acting up.
<br />
<br />I have a CT scan scheduled for July for my NTM. Hopefully I can make it till then.