bronchial wall thickening in unusual location

ymikhale

my daughter's doctor called me with her chest x ray results and said that she had a slight bronchial wall thickening but since it was in an unusual location i shouldn't worry and that we will have to follow this up in next x rays and do CT scan if necessary. that seems pretty worriesome to me.

I googled up bronchial wall thickening and it seems that it is not CF specific, but i am kind of confused as to what i should make out of it.

Has anyone ever had these kind of chest x ray results?

ymikhale

my daughter's doctor called me with her chest x ray results and said that she had a slight bronchial wall thickening but since it was in an unusual location i shouldn't worry and that we will have to follow this up in next x rays and do CT scan if necessary. that seems pretty worriesome to me.

I googled up bronchial wall thickening and it seems that it is not CF specific, but i am kind of confused as to what i should make out of it.

ymikhale

ymikhale

ymikhale

<br />
<br />I googled up bronchial wall thickening and it seems that it is not CF specific, but i am kind of confused as to what i should make out of it.
<br />
<br />Has anyone ever had these kind of chest x ray results?

S

sdelorenzo

My daughter had a ct scan last summer that showed bronchial thickening (bronchiolectasis). I am not sure about what your daughter's dr meant about unusual location.
I spoke to 3 different cf clinics about the results. Two of the clinics said we should treat her staph with bactrim and the damage was likely preventable. Unfortunately, her cf dr thinks it was not preventable and he doesn't want to treat her with bactrim as prevention.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf, Grant one month, no cf

S

sdelorenzo

My daughter had a ct scan last summer that showed bronchial thickening (bronchiolectasis). I am not sure about what your daughter's dr meant about unusual location.
I spoke to 3 different cf clinics about the results. Two of the clinics said we should treat her staph with bactrim and the damage was likely preventable. Unfortunately, her cf dr thinks it was not preventable and he doesn't want to treat her with bactrim as prevention.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />I spoke to 3 different cf clinics about the results. Two of the clinics said we should treat her staph with bactrim and the damage was likely preventable. Unfortunately, her cf dr thinks it was not preventable and he doesn't want to treat her with bactrim as prevention.
<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf, Grant one month, no cf