bronchs & how soon you go home

MOME2RT

Reece is prolly gonna ge t a bronch so I was wondering how long after it, if all goes well when he can go home! They wanna know whats growing in there & why his xrays arent showing any improvement. BUT his PFTs went up to 58% (today)and 2 days ago it was 51% & on feb 23 39% (FEV1) His O2 is great 95~98 he sounds clear....so whats going on???????

MOME2RT

Reece is prolly gonna ge t a bronch so I was wondering how long after it, if all goes well when he can go home! They wanna know whats growing in there & why his xrays arent showing any improvement. BUT his PFTs went up to 58% (today)and 2 days ago it was 51% & on feb 23 39% (FEV1) His O2 is great 95~98 he sounds clear....so whats going on???????

MOME2RT

folione

My son's bronchoscopies were in/out the same day. He was 18 months the first time and 3years old the 2nd. He went in first thing in the AM and was released early/mid afternoon once sedation wore off. At the 2nd one, he got a CT scan afterwards while still woozy from sedation - if they're thinking about a CT, it might make sense to book it at the same time.

folione

My son's bronchoscopies were in/out the same day. He was 18 months the first time and 3years old the 2nd. He went in first thing in the AM and was released early/mid afternoon once sedation wore off. At the 2nd one, he got a CT scan afterwards while still woozy from sedation - if they're thinking about a CT, it might make sense to book it at the same time.

folione

MOME2RT

Thanks, he already had a CT scan a few days ago. They are doing an EDG this time. Also gonna try to do a lavage. He also has to stay 24 hours after its done. (ALEAST!) Please keep him in your prayers! I will let ya know more when I know more.

MOME2RT

Thanks, he already had a CT scan a few days ago. They are doing an EDG this time. Also gonna try to do a lavage. He also has to stay 24 hours after its done. (ALEAST!) Please keep him in your prayers! I will let ya know more when I know more.

MOME2RT

M

melleemac

Hi Leah
The first time my boys had bronchs they were already in hospital. The second time Mikey had to stay in over night as they had a hard time getting his oxygen saturation up. The third time they stayed for about 4 hours after, just to make sure their sats were fine and that they had no fever. Ill be thinking of both you and Reece!
Take care
Mel

M

melleemac

Hi Leah
The first time my boys had bronchs they were already in hospital. The second time Mikey had to stay in over night as they had a hard time getting his oxygen saturation up. The third time they stayed for about 4 hours after, just to make sure their sats were fine and that they had no fever. Ill be thinking of both you and Reece!
Take care
Mel

M

melleemac

Hi Leah
Take care
Mel

eli

My daughter's bronch was done at 12months, and your in and out on the same day. They just wait to make sure that after they are awake they have a drink and meal (eating well) and then send them off home.

Otherwise, i assume they keep you until the child is able to eat/hold down food. Its nothing to be worried about, our hosp does them as routine every year. So for them its straight forward.

Hope all goes well, keep us posted.

eli

My daughter's bronch was done at 12months, and your in and out on the same day. They just wait to make sure that after they are awake they have a drink and meal (eating well) and then send them off home.

Otherwise, i assume they keep you until the child is able to eat/hold down food. Its nothing to be worried about, our hosp does them as routine every year. So for them its straight forward.

eli