Burkholderia Cepacia...

ShannonB

My husband who is 25 with CF, was recently diagnossed with Burkholderia Cepacia and we were both very upset. His younger sister had this bacteria from the time she was 2.We faught very hard for him to not catch it, we would not see his sister for fear of him getting it. His sister was told about 1 year ago that she was no longer testing positive for it, which made all of us very happy and thankful. But now to find out that Josh has it has been very hard on all of us. He will be going in the hospital on monday Nov. 2nd and we are not sure how long he is going to be in this time....they want him in now but he wants to wait because our sons 1st birthday is tomorrow. I am so worried about him he is not his usual positive self and I am worried that he has given up. Does anyone have any experience with B. Cepacia, and if so any words of wisdom.. thanks for letting me get everything off my chest. have a wonderful day and a safe halloween.

ShannonB

My husband who is 25 with CF, was recently diagnossed with Burkholderia Cepacia and we were both very upset. His younger sister had this bacteria from the time she was 2.We faught very hard for him to not catch it, we would not see his sister for fear of him getting it. His sister was told about 1 year ago that she was no longer testing positive for it, which made all of us very happy and thankful. But now to find out that Josh has it has been very hard on all of us. He will be going in the hospital on monday Nov. 2nd and we are not sure how long he is going to be in this time....they want him in now but he wants to wait because our sons 1st birthday is tomorrow. I am so worried about him he is not his usual positive self and I am worried that he has given up. Does anyone have any experience with B. Cepacia, and if so any words of wisdom.. thanks for letting me get everything off my chest. have a wonderful day and a safe halloween.

ShannonB

ShannonB

ShannonB

JazzysMom

I dont have an experience, but I do want to comment on a few things. First, I totally understand wanting to be home for your sons birthday.

Secondly is that when his sisters culture stopped showing it....did you guys put your guard down?

The fact that she cultured it since she was 2 makes it rather hard for me to believe it isnt still in her lungs & just didnt show on the last culture.

I am sorry you are dealing with this & I hope the treatment works!

HUGS

JazzysMom

I dont have an experience, but I do want to comment on a few things. First, I totally understand wanting to be home for your sons birthday.

Secondly is that when his sisters culture stopped showing it....did you guys put your guard down?

The fact that she cultured it since she was 2 makes it rather hard for me to believe it isnt still in her lungs & just didnt show on the last culture.

HUGS

JazzysMom

HUGS

JazzysMom

HUGS

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Secondly is that when his sisters culture stopped showing it....did you guys put your guard down?
<br />
<br />The fact that she cultured it since she was 2 makes it rather hard for me to believe it isnt still in her lungs & just didnt show on the last culture.
<br />
<br />I am sorry you are dealing with this & I hope the treatment works!
<br />
<br />HUGS

ShannonB

Thanks...his sister lives in TN with his mother and we live in NY so we only see each other once a year, and when we do they both always wear masks and it always outside. We both think the same that it is very hard to beleive that she is now free of this. I think it was just a one time thing.... she doesn't go to the dr for her regular check ups as often as she should so we don't know if it's has come back since then...but thank you for your input.

oh how do I put the info on the bottom that says that he has ddf508 and stuff like that I can't find i where to do that. Thanks again. ;o]

ShannonB

Thanks...his sister lives in TN with his mother and we live in NY so we only see each other once a year, and when we do they both always wear masks and it always outside. We both think the same that it is very hard to beleive that she is now free of this. I think it was just a one time thing.... she doesn't go to the dr for her regular check ups as often as she should so we don't know if it's has come back since then...but thank you for your input.

oh how do I put the info on the bottom that says that he has ddf508 and stuff like that I can't find i where to do that. Thanks again. ;o]

ShannonB

ShannonB

ShannonB

<br />
<br />
<br />oh how do I put the info on the bottom that says that he has ddf508 and stuff like that I can't find i where to do that. Thanks again. ;o]

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>ShannonB</b></i>

oh how do I put the info on the bottom that says that he has ddf508 and stuff like that I can't find i where to do that. Thanks again. ;o]</end quote></div>

Go to your profile & enter all the info you want in the SIGNATURE box

JazzysMom

oh how do I put the info on the bottom that says that he has ddf508 and stuff like that I can't find i where to do that. Thanks again. ;o]</end quote></div>

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

oh how do I put the info on the bottom that says that he has ddf508 and stuff like that I can't find i where to do that. Thanks again. ;o]</end quote>

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />
<br />oh how do I put the info on the bottom that says that he has ddf508 and stuff like that I can't find i where to do that. Thanks again. ;o]</end quote>
<br />
<br />Go to your profile & enter all the info you want in the SIGNATURE box