Buying a Pari LC Plus Neb Kit

JennaB

Hey Guys

I need a new nebulizer. I am down to one. Anyhow, I have never had to buy one before, my mom always kept me in stock, and now I am SHOCKED at how much they are!!! 20 bucks a pop??

Does anyone know of a cheaper deal?

Thanks!

Liza

Hi Jenna, Have you checked with your insurance co? Ours covers nebs (the Pari LC) twice a year. One for each med. One of my daughters gets three the other one gets two. Since they are good for 6mo. they are entitled to new ones every six months. Check it out. Also, have you checked at CFF.org? They not only carry meds at the CFF pharmacy but nebulizers as well. Don't know how much they are there though.

Liza
(mom of 2 teen girls w/cf)

seasprite

The Cystic Fibrosis Services Pharmacy (which you can access at www.cff.org) sells the Pari nebulizers at $11 each. Also, if you order Pulmozyme or TOBI from them, you get a free Pari every four months or so.

Bambi, Jordan's mom

seasprite

When you fill a new prescription for Pulmozyme or TOBI from the Cystic Fibrosis Services Pharmacy, you will be sent a free Pari LC plus with the first order. Then you will automatically receive a new one with (I believe) every fourth monthly order. With Pulmozyme, you can also arrange to have the order refilled every month automatically (you may be able to do this with TOBI also); the pharmacy will even call your doctor to renew the prescription when the old one expires, so you don't have to do anything. If you have questions, you can call (800) 541-4959 and talk to a customer representative. I have found Jim Stone at x482 especially helpful for arranging the automatic ordering of Jordan's prescriptions.

Bambi, Jordan's mom

anonymous

jenna,

I am unsure of my actual costs on the pari, but... I will get it to you for cost if you want. I will have one of my CSR's to check today at work and let you know.

luke 29/cf - 16 more days and counting