Calling all neatfreaks (or not neat freaks)!

chicagocubsmom

Hi, I'm a mom of a newborn CF son and have a question for other parents/caregivers about cleanliness.  We practice hand washing/sanitizing and we sterilize the breathing equipment with an Avent sterilizer.  But I feel sometimes I like should be cleaning the house every day, installing new air filters each week, and disinfecting our belongings whenever they leave the house for more than 30 seconds.  I would love to hear how other parents/caregivers changed the way they clean their home (or car, or RV) and noticed positive changes in their child's health as a result.  Thank you for your input!

chicagocubsmom

Hi, I'm a mom of a newborn CF son and have a question for other parents/caregivers about cleanliness. We practice hand washing/sanitizing and we sterilize the breathing equipment with an Avent sterilizer. But I feel sometimes I like should be cleaning the house every day,installing new air filters each week, and disinfecting our belongings whenever they leave the house for more than 30 seconds.I would love to hear how other parents/caregivers changed the way they clean their home (or car, or RV) andnoticedpositive changesin their child's health as a result. Thank you for your input!

chicagocubsmom

<p>Hi, I'm a mom of a newborn CF son and have a question for other parents/caregivers about cleanliness. We practice hand washing/sanitizing and we sterilize the breathing equipment with an Avent sterilizer. But I feel sometimes I like should be cleaning the house every day,installing new air filters each week, and disinfecting our belongings whenever they leave the house for more than 30 seconds.I would love to hear how other parents/caregivers changed the way they clean their home (or car, or RV) andnoticedpositive changesin their child's health as a result. Thank you for your input!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
When we brought DS home we made sure that anyone who wanted to hold ds washed or sanitized their hands. Anyone with close contact on a regular basis also got flu shots. We wiped down grocery carts, washed hands when we came home. We clean the house weekly, have a hepa air cleaner in DS's room -- was a gift from a relative. I do tend to clean the bathroom more often -- wipe down the counter and toilet with lysol wipes at least once a day. We wash DS clothing separate from ours. Mainly because as a baby I had to wash his clothes more often than ours. I change out towels daily -- I know some people use paper towels in the bathroom instead of cloth. When we travel I take along a separate bath towel for him as I've found that my MIL and others have had musty towels.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
When we brought DS home we made sure that anyone who wanted to hold ds washed or sanitized their hands. Anyone with close contact on a regular basis also got flu shots. We wiped down grocery carts, washed hands when we came home. We clean the house weekly, have a hepa air cleaner in DS's room -- was a gift from a relative. I do tend to clean the bathroom more often -- wipe down the counter and toilet with lysol wipes at least once a day. We wash DS clothing separate from ours. Mainly because as a baby I had to wash his clothes more often than ours. I change out towels daily -- I know some people use paper towels in the bathroom instead of cloth. When we travel I take along a separate bath towel for him as I've found that my MIL and others have had musty towels.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member