CAmping and CF

MargaritaChic

We have a bonfire in our backyard, so we asked our clinic about the smoke. The told us that occassional fires would not be bad for our daughter. I agree with the others, just keep your child out of the direct line of the smoke.

MargaritaChic

We have a bonfire in our backyard, so we asked our clinic about the smoke. The told us that occassional fires would not be bad for our daughter. I agree with the others, just keep your child out of the direct line of the smoke.

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Even with DS being 4 1/2, we still tend to avoid bonfires 'cuz he really doesn't seem to understand the concept of avoiding smoke, plus at my inlaws lake place, the wind always seems to be shifting, so it's hard to avoid.

Another thing to consider with small children (infants) is to avoid holding or having someone hold your child who previously WAS in the line of smoke and may have smoke smell in their hair and clothes. Don't want your child inhaling the smoke particles off of them.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Even with DS being 4 1/2, we still tend to avoid bonfires 'cuz he really doesn't seem to understand the concept of avoiding smoke, plus at my inlaws lake place, the wind always seems to be shifting, so it's hard to avoid.

Another thing to consider with small children (infants) is to avoid holding or having someone hold your child who previously WAS in the line of smoke and may have smoke smell in their hair and clothes. Don't want your child inhaling the smoke particles off of them.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Another thing to consider with small children (infants) is to avoid holding or having someone hold your child who previously WAS in the line of smoke and may have smoke smell in their hair and clothes. Don't want your child inhaling the smoke particles off of them.

pjspiegle

We also have gone camping, ever since the kids were little, Nathan went when he was only 7 months old.

The only problem we encountered was he would get fevers at night and we finally figured out he wasn't getting enough salt. After figuring that out, no more problems for us.

I would think at 2 1/2 the exposure would be minimal to the fire since they go to bed earlier as a general rule. Nathan would do a couple of marshmellows then go to the camper and sometimes watch the fire from the window until he fell asleep.

pjspiegle

We also have gone camping, ever since the kids were little, Nathan went when he was only 7 months old.

The only problem we encountered was he would get fevers at night and we finally figured out he wasn't getting enough salt. After figuring that out, no more problems for us.

I would think at 2 1/2 the exposure would be minimal to the fire since they go to bed earlier as a general rule. Nathan would do a couple of marshmellows then go to the camper and sometimes watch the fire from the window until he fell asleep.

pjspiegle

pjspiegle

pjspiegle

<br />
<br />The only problem we encountered was he would get fevers at night and we finally figured out he wasn't getting enough salt. After figuring that out, no more problems for us.
<br />
<br />I would think at 2 1/2 the exposure would be minimal to the fire since they go to bed earlier as a general rule. Nathan would do a couple of marshmellows then go to the camper and sometimes watch the fire from the window until he fell asleep.
<br />
<br />

T

Terry

We go camping, Marissa loves it! She sits by the camp fire. Lucky for her, I can't stand the smoke blowing in my direction and I play musical chairs with her. She hates smoke, and will move the instant she thinks it is coming in her direction.

I don't think you have to wait until he is old enough to tell you if it bothers him. You will know. Marissa will have a coughing fit immediately if we are out like at a carnival and someone is smoking around the corner. No matter how healthy she is. She's just that sensitive.

T

Terry

We go camping, Marissa loves it! She sits by the camp fire. Lucky for her, I can't stand the smoke blowing in my direction and I play musical chairs with her. She hates smoke, and will move the instant she thinks it is coming in her direction.

I don't think you have to wait until he is old enough to tell you if it bothers him. You will know. Marissa will have a coughing fit immediately if we are out like at a carnival and someone is smoking around the corner. No matter how healthy she is. She's just that sensitive.

T

Terry

T

Terry

T

Terry

<br />
<br />I don't think you have to wait until he is old enough to tell you if it bothers him. You will know. Marissa will have a coughing fit immediately if we are out like at a carnival and someone is smoking around the corner. No matter how healthy she is. She's just that sensitive.
<br />
<br />