Can I get vascularity? Can I get a good body?

enzo

So Im currently working out doing the stronglifts program, I was wondering if its possible for me to get abs, pecs, and all that stuff? Is it possible I can become vascular and have veins in my arms show? Also, I have a 'gut', on a bodybuilding website, they said its cause I have a high body fat. I honestly, truly dont believe I do, id guess I have a 15% body fat percentage, which isnt bad. But does CF cause a 'gut' in CF patients? If so, how do I get rid of it? Will I ever get to have a rock hard body? Like where abs and pecs show without them even flexing and where they look rock hard when flexing. Im unsure if its bloating or something, cause im not to sure what bloating feels or looks like. But I kinda look pregnant, cause my stomach extends out twenty four seven.

Lena Bean

Yes you can! There is a person with cystic fibrosis that was on the cover of mens health magazine last month. He'd gotten to a point where doctors told him to give up but he started working out instead. He's doing very well! And you can too! Go for it. I lost my CF stomach for about a year when I used to work out. I want to start again soon. But I promise it is possible!

HisAngel

As a Cert. Personal Trainer, I can tell you, aye! It's very possible, but when dealing with CF, especially if you are pancreatic insufficient, it will take lots of work, hard work, and eating right. First of all, Ab's begin in your kitchen, not the gym. Eating the "right" foods and taking in the amount of calories you need will help you, along with your workout program to build those strong muscles you want. If you are on Facebook? Look up Jonny Pop Simpson, Jonny is a competing Body Builder and as well has CF. Talk to lilmac, on here, he as well is a body builder with a dynamite physique, and I hope he corrects Me if I am wrong, but I believe he used to compete as well, and might be looking to get back on stage. The poofy stomach is typical CF, but can be lost and turned into a 6 or 8 pac. Are you taking probiotics? If not you should be, they as well will help in the flattening of your stomach. If you are pancreatic insufficient? Then you not only will you need to boost your calorie count, you also need to be putting in the "right" types of food. Whole grains for good complex carbs, "good" oils, and lots and lots of protein! You CAN achieve the body you desire, if you keep your eye on your goal, do all you have to as far as eating and working out. Determination, Dedication and Discipline, that's what it takes to achieve the goal your after.

Best of Luck,
Angel~

R

ryan619

So Im currently working out doing the stronglifts program, I was wondering if its possible for me to get abs, pecs, and all that stuff? Is it possible I can become vascular and have veins in my arms show? Also, I have a 'gut', on a bodybuilding website, they said its cause I have a high body fat. I honestly, truly dont believe I do, id guess I have a 15% body fat percentage, which isnt bad. But does CF cause a 'gut' in CF patients? If so, how do I get rid of it? Will I ever get to have a rock hard body? Like where abs and pecs show without them even flexing and where they look rock hard when flexing. Im unsure if its bloating or something, cause im not to sure what bloating feels or looks like. But I kinda look pregnant, cause my stomach extends out twenty four seven.

I also have cf..Its very possible, at 5'11 I went from 120lb to a solid 188lbs in 3 years...weight lifting 4-5 times a week...lots of dedication and protein shakes...eat big, lift big to get big!! im very knowledgeable when it comes to weight lifting feel free to ask questions, id love to give advice to others with CF.