Can IV's and Piclines be placed Over Tattoo's?

My name's Morgan. 17/m/NC with DeltaF508. Im an artist and when I turn 18 I want to start getting Tattooed with alot of the designs ive drawn. I was looking to get both arms sleeved out but I didnt know if Piclines and IV's could be placed over Tats? MY left arm doesnt matter because Pic's cant be placed in that arm due to nerves being too close to the veins. But as for my right I didnt know if they could place them over Tats or not? If anyone could let me know that'd be awesome!

-Morgan

My name's Morgan. 17/m/NC with DeltaF508. Im an artist and when I turn 18 I want to start getting Tattooed with alot of the designs ive drawn. I was looking to get both arms sleeved out but I didnt know if Piclines and IV's could be placed over Tats? MY left arm doesnt matter because Pic's cant be placed in that arm due to nerves being too close to the veins. But as for my right I didnt know if they could place them over Tats or not? If anyone could let me know that'd be awesome!

-Morgan

-Morgan

-Morgan

-Morgan

JORDYSMOM

Hey Morgan. The only problems I can think of are these. Depending on the colors, the tats might make it difficult to see the veins. Also, if you get stuck too often, it could distort the artwork. I guess one could always have it touched up. Have you checked out the thread here with the pics of people's tats? I'm working on drawing my 4th tat. I don't quite have it just like I want it yet. You should start a blog and post your drawings. I'd be interested to see them.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Hey Morgan. The only problems I can think of are these. Depending on the colors, the tats might make it difficult to see the veins. Also, if you get stuck too often, it could distort the artwork. I guess one could always have it touched up. Have you checked out the thread here with the pics of people's tats? I'm working on drawing my 4th tat. I don't quite have it just like I want it yet. You should start a blog and post your drawings. I'd be interested to see them.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

No I havent seen the post with the Tats...i'll definitly have to check that out!
And yea,thats the main thing I thought about was the Tats making the veins less visible. Im not that worried about Touch ups because im not stuck that often. My doctor says I have some of the best lungs he has seen (115-118%) So I only go in useually once a year during Winter when all the nasty bugs start coming out.
Another thing I wondered is if you get a Pic or something like that that has to stay in for a couple weeks and the needles goes through the on your skin and into your vein would that make a higher risk of infection? I really want to get my sleeves done but then again I dont want to make it where they cant get in Pic's...because the next step is a Port..and I dont plan to cross that bridge anytime soon and hopefully ever,lol

No I havent seen the post with the Tats...i'll definitly have to check that out!
And yea,thats the main thing I thought about was the Tats making the veins less visible. Im not that worried about Touch ups because im not stuck that often. My doctor says I have some of the best lungs he has seen (115-118%) So I only go in useually once a year during Winter when all the nasty bugs start coming out.
Another thing I wondered is if you get a Pic or something like that that has to stay in for a couple weeks and the needles goes through the on your skin and into your vein would that make a higher risk of infection? I really want to get my sleeves done but then again I dont want to make it where they cant get in Pic's...because the next step is a Port..and I dont plan to cross that bridge anytime soon and hopefully ever,lol

rotandroll

Any veins on my arms that you can actually get with a needle aren't even visible-- they're palpable once a tourniquet is applied. So, assuming that you have a good phlebotomist poking at you, you should have no problems once the tattoos have healed. I got a tattoo over the top threaded part of my port a few years ago and a few of the lines got messed up when the port was removed earlier this year. Other than that no problems.

When do you turn 18? Would love to see your ink once you get started!

Your screenname (GeetarShredder) is awesome!

rotandroll

Any veins on my arms that you can actually get with a needle aren't even visible-- they're palpable once a tourniquet is applied. So, assuming that you have a good phlebotomist poking at you, you should have no problems once the tattoos have healed. I got a tattoo over the top threaded part of my port a few years ago and a few of the lines got messed up when the port was removed earlier this year. Other than that no problems.

rotandroll

rotandroll

rotandroll