Can someone tell me...

Allisa35

I saw a message posted by lightNlife and I didn't want to take over the thread. I have seen several posts about C. Diff. but I have never heard of it. Can someone tell me what it is? Thanks!

Allisa35

I saw a message posted by lightNlife and I didn't want to take over the thread. I have seen several posts about C. Diff. but I have never heard of it. Can someone tell me what it is? Thanks!

Allisa35

Allisa35

Allisa35

lightNlife

C. Diff. is Clostridium Difficile. It's a type of bug that tends to get overgrown in the gut during antibiotic treatment. Usually when a patient has C. diff, it's very noticeable because your BMs become looser and have more mucous in them.

Here's the wikipedia definition:

Clostridium difficile is a species of bacteria of the genus Clostridium which are gram-positive, anaerobic spore-forming rods. They cause pseudomembranous colitis, a severe infection of the colon, often after normal gut flora is eradicated by the use of antibiotics. Treatment is by stopping putative antibiotics and commencing specific anticlostridial antibiotics, e.g. metronidazole.

lightNlife

C. Diff. is Clostridium Difficile. It's a type of bug that tends to get overgrown in the gut during antibiotic treatment. Usually when a patient has C. diff, it's very noticeable because your BMs become looser and have more mucous in them.

Clostridium difficile is a species of bacteria of the genus Clostridium which are gram-positive, anaerobic spore-forming rods. They cause pseudomembranous colitis, a severe infection of the colon, often after normal gut flora is eradicated by the use of antibiotics. Treatment is by stopping putative antibiotics and commencing specific anticlostridial antibiotics, e.g. metronidazole.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

Allisa35

Thanks for the info. It seems like I am always finding out something new. It certainly doesn't sound like fun. Hope you feel better soon!

Allisa35

Thanks for the info. It seems like I am always finding out something new. It certainly doesn't sound like fun. Hope you feel better soon!

Allisa35

Allisa35

Allisa35