Can the vest make you vomit?

hikingmomde

so i posted a couple of weeks ago bc my dd's vest came (she's 2). yesterday we went to the clinic to be sure the vest fit, get the settings right, etc. we're only at 30% pressure for 10 minutes to start.
got up this morning (empty belly) and sat with dd on my lap. she did GREAT with the treatment--no crying, pretty mellow, watched the wiggles. we then moved to the breakfast table and she wasn't terribly interested in eating. had her enzymes and aquadeks (as normal) and then she threw up (whatever was left over in her belly from last night, i guess?). she then proceeded to throw up every 5-10 minutes for the next 3 hours--the last one had blood in it so we headed to the er. she had been lethargic all morning, wasn't talking much, and was starting to turn grey.
by the time we arrived, she snapped out of it. she was talking, her color was back, and she stopped throwing up.
what the heck?!?!?!?
has this happened to anyone else? she's not a puker and didn't have any food or drink in her belly at all (except the small amt of applesauce and her enzymes which she puked up, too, and this was after she did the vest). it was mostly foamy ick that was coming up (i know--tmi).
any ideas would be helpful.

hikingmomde

so i posted a couple of weeks ago bc my dd's vest came (she's 2). yesterday we went to the clinic to be sure the vest fit, get the settings right, etc. we're only at 30% pressure for 10 minutes to start.
got up this morning (empty belly) and sat with dd on my lap. she did GREAT with the treatment--no crying, pretty mellow, watched the wiggles. we then moved to the breakfast table and she wasn't terribly interested in eating. had her enzymes and aquadeks (as normal) and then she threw up (whatever was left over in her belly from last night, i guess?). she then proceeded to throw up every 5-10 minutes for the next 3 hours--the last one had blood in it so we headed to the er. she had been lethargic all morning, wasn't talking much, and was starting to turn grey.
by the time we arrived, she snapped out of it. she was talking, her color was back, and she stopped throwing up.
what the heck?!?!?!?
has this happened to anyone else? she's not a puker and didn't have any food or drink in her belly at all (except the small amt of applesauce and her enzymes which she puked up, too, and this was after she did the vest). it was mostly foamy ick that was coming up (i know--tmi).

hikingmomde

what the heck?!?!?!?

hikingmomde

what the heck?!?!?!?

hikingmomde

what the heck?!?!?!?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say it was probably something unrelated. Probably got a touch of a stomach bug had to get whatever she'd eaten the night before out of her system. While it's VERY rare, DS usually hurls DURING his vest and it's usually caused by too much grape or raspberry koolaid and dry roasted peanuts. Bleah!

Has she been pooping? DS used to vomit sometimes when he was constipated.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say it was probably something unrelated. Probably got a touch of a stomach bug had to get whatever she'd eaten the night before out of her system. While it's VERY rare, DS usually hurls DURING his vest and it's usually caused by too much grape or raspberry koolaid and dry roasted peanuts. Bleah!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

M

Mommafirst

I do think the vest could make a kid vomit, but not the way you describe. What you describe sounds like a bug of sorts. Possibly the vest kicked an already woozy tummy up. I've sat with my daughter laying on me while doing the vest, and there are times when it makes me nauseaus. SO I would imagine being strapped in and shaking, if there stomach is off a bit, it could cause a vomit. But again, what you describe really sounds like she caught a bug or something.

M

Mommafirst

I do think the vest could make a kid vomit, but not the way you describe. What you describe sounds like a bug of sorts. Possibly the vest kicked an already woozy tummy up. I've sat with my daughter laying on me while doing the vest, and there are times when it makes me nauseaus. SO I would imagine being strapped in and shaking, if there stomach is off a bit, it could cause a vomit. But again, what you describe really sounds like she caught a bug or something.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

hikingmomde

i guess the vest just got her going . . . she woke up from her nap really out of it again and hasn't wanted to eat.
then daddy gave her some milk (oops) and it was violently brought back up all over the new sofa!!
anyway, she seems to have recovered from that and is sleeping for the night. hope this bug doesn't stick around long. pukey bugs are the worst and i'm anxious to get the nasty smell out of my nose for good.
thanks for the info.

hikingmomde

i guess the vest just got her going . . . she woke up from her nap really out of it again and hasn't wanted to eat.
then daddy gave her some milk (oops) and it was violently brought back up all over the new sofa!!
anyway, she seems to have recovered from that and is sleeping for the night. hope this bug doesn't stick around long. pukey bugs are the worst and i'm anxious to get the nasty smell out of my nose for good.
thanks for the info.

hikingmomde

thanks for the info.

hikingmomde

thanks for the info.

hikingmomde

thanks for the info.