CAN YA'LL PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME

Seana30

As most of you know Courtney has coughed for 2 weeks straight. She is now feeling VERY out of breathe.

Here is my question..........

How can someone has a clear x-ray, FEV1 of 94% (this is down from her normal 109%), pulse ox of 96%, and still be coughing so hard, rattling when breathing, and be out of breathe?

This is making NO sense to me. Can someone explain to me how this can happen?

Thanks!

Seana

Seana30

As most of you know Courtney has coughed for 2 weeks straight. She is now feeling VERY out of breathe.

How can someone has a clear x-ray, FEV1 of 94% (this is down from her normal 109%), pulse ox of 96%, and still be coughing so hard, rattling when breathing, and be out of breathe?

Thanks!

Seana

Seana30

Thanks!

Seana

Seana30

Thanks!

Seana

Seana30

Thanks!

Seana

thefrogprincess

Its probably inflamation from coughing so hard. When I had the flu a few years ago I thought for sure my O2 sats were going to be horrible because I fighting to breathe, but it was in the 90's. As far as the rattling, she may still just have a normal amount of mucus for her but since she is coughing so hard it is moving more. Its a horrible cycle, you don't want to cough because it hurts and if you don't cough so much you will start to feel better, but you can't stop. Is she taking any antiinflamatories? I've also found that hot tea helps me relax and not cough so hard. Good luck! I hope she feels better soon.

thefrogprincess

Its probably inflamation from coughing so hard. When I had the flu a few years ago I thought for sure my O2 sats were going to be horrible because I fighting to breathe, but it was in the 90's. As far as the rattling, she may still just have a normal amount of mucus for her but since she is coughing so hard it is moving more. Its a horrible cycle, you don't want to cough because it hurts and if you don't cough so much you will start to feel better, but you can't stop. Is she taking any antiinflamatories? I've also found that hot tea helps me relax and not cough so hard. Good luck! I hope she feels better soon.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

AnD

Been there, done that, but since it was almost 20 years ago (I first had lung issues as a teen, too), I can't help much, but I do remember the frustration! I'm so sorry she's sick!

Do they have her on an anti-inflamatory of some sort, for inflammation and irritation? My Advair helps me <i>so </i>much with that.

Have her cultures come back?

Edited to add: Is she on Albuterol or Xopenex? That also helps me get opened up and breathing better, so much that sometimes I cough up crud while I'm doing that neb.

AnD

Been there, done that, but since it was almost 20 years ago (I first had lung issues as a teen, too), I can't help much, but I do remember the frustration! I'm so sorry she's sick!

Do they have her on an anti-inflamatory of some sort, for inflammation and irritation? My Advair helps me <i>so </i>much with that.

Edited to add: Is she on Albuterol or Xopenex? That also helps me get opened up and breathing better, so much that sometimes I cough up crud while I'm doing that neb.

AnD

AnD

AnD

Faust

You tried her on pharmanac yet seana? Has helped people, and I know I feel better on it lung wise. I think it kicks the crap out of lung inflammation.

Faust

You tried her on pharmanac yet seana? Has helped people, and I know I feel better on it lung wise. I think it kicks the crap out of lung inflammation.

Faust

Faust

Faust