Can you do hypertonic saline in an eflow?

Kristen

I do mine in a Pari neb and it takes like 20 minutes, sometimes more. I'm curious if I could do it faster in an eflow, or if that would be way too much salt at once.

Kristen

I do mine in a Pari neb and it takes like 20 minutes, sometimes more. I'm curious if I could do it faster in an eflow, or if that would be way too much salt at once.

Kristen

jaimers

Super Moderator
i do 7% in my eflow. it's really really intense and makes me cough something terrible. I have to do it in short little bursts-like 30 seconds at a time or so. but it only takes maybe 3-4 minutes if you go all at once. i break it up during my vest. you have to be really careful to wash the metal head thing right away when you're done because the salt clogs it up really bad. i have an old one that i use just for HTS to save my good ones for cayston and stuff.

jaimers

Super Moderator
i do 7% in my eflow. it's really really intense and makes me cough something terrible. I have to do it in short little bursts-like 30 seconds at a time or so. but it only takes maybe 3-4 minutes if you go all at once. i break it up during my vest. you have to be really careful to wash the metal head thing right away when you're done because the salt clogs it up really bad. i have an old one that i use just for HTS to save my good ones for cayston and stuff.

jaimers

Super Moderator

jenhum

I do 3% in my e-flow. It takes about 5-7 minutes. I couldn't handle the 7% in the e-flow, but I think the 3% in the e-flow has been just as effective as the 7% in the pari for me. With a little one at home, every minute counts!

jenhum

I do 3% in my e-flow. It takes about 5-7 minutes. I couldn't handle the 7% in the e-flow, but I think the 3% in the e-flow has been just as effective as the 7% in the pari for me. With a little one at home, every minute counts!

jenhum

carmick

I do the same thing as Jaime where I use an old head for saline. Eventually it will get up to around 15 mins when it starts getting really clogged, but before that it is certainly faster than the Pari. If it is too much salt, talk to your doc about trying different concentrations. I initially used 3% HTS when I switched from a Pari to an Eflow, but after I got used to it, I went back to 7%.

carmick

I do the same thing as Jaime where I use an old head for saline. Eventually it will get up to around 15 mins when it starts getting really clogged, but before that it is certainly faster than the Pari. If it is too much salt, talk to your doc about trying different concentrations. I initially used 3% HTS when I switched from a Pari to an Eflow, but after I got used to it, I went back to 7%.

carmick