Cannot find gene class

NoExcuses

just googled it and it's a nonsense mutation and is one of the top 31 most common CF genes.

i know this isn't what you're asking but i'll keep searching

NoExcuses

just googled it and it's a nonsense mutation and is one of the top 31 most common CF genes.

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

<br />
<br />i know this isn't what you're asking but i'll keep searching

kyeev

Hi Rhubarb,

I have CF and I have the DF508/V520F genotype.
I'm 34 years old and have about 40% lung function.
I had meconium ileus when I was born and am pancreatic insufficient so have to take enzymes.

According to the publication below, The V520F mutation is a class III mutation (similar to G551D).
So the V520f mutation may respond to VX770 similarly to G551D.
My fingers are certainly crossed.

Pediatr Pulmonol. 2001 Jan;31(1):1-12: European Epidemiologic Registry of Cystic Fibrosis (ERCF): comparison of major disease manifestations between patients with different classes of mutations

EDIT: New information shows kalydeco/ivacaftor monotherapy has no effect on V520F. Which sucks...

kyeev

Hi Rhubarb,

I had meconium ileus when I was born and am pancreatic insufficient so have to take enzymes.

According to the publication below, The V520F mutation is a class III mutation (similar to G551D).

Pediatr Pulmonol. 2001 Jan;31(1):1-12: European Epidemiologic Registry of Cystic Fibrosis (ERCF): comparison of major disease manifestations between patients with different classes of mutations

kyeev

Hi Rhubarb,

kyeev

Hi Rhubarb,

kyeev

Hi Rhubarb,
<br />
<br />I have CF and I have the DF508/V520F genotype.
<br />I'm 34 years old and have about 40% lung function.
<br />I had meconium ileus when I was born and am pancreatic insufficient so have to take enzymes.
<br />
<br />According to the publication below, The V520F mutation is a class III mutation (similar to G551D).
<br />So the V520f mutation may respond to VX770 similarly to G551D.
<br />My fingers are certainly crossed.
<br />
<br />Pediatr Pulmonol. 2001 Jan;31(1):1-12: European Epidemiologic Registry of Cystic Fibrosis (ERCF): comparison of major disease manifestations between patients with different classes of mutations