CARBS

Simba15

<br>I was shocked when I got diagnosed to see you should eat alot of carbs (the good kind) with CF. Carbs have made me gain 30 lbs and make my stomach swell up. I now wonder if it is b/c of the CF. I can't eat carbs the way a normal person does. I pack on weight instanteously. I do not have diabetes and I am not pancreatic or liver inufficient. Anyone else have this issue?

Simba15

<br>I was shocked when I got diagnosed to see you should eat alot of carbs (the good kind) with CF. Carbs have made me gain 30 lbs and make my stomach swell up. I now wonder if it is b/c of the CF. I can't eat carbs the way a normal person does. I pack on weight instanteously.I do not have diabetes and I am not pancreatic or liver inufficient. Anyone else have this issue?

Simba15

<p><br>I was shocked when I got diagnosed to see you should eat alot of carbs (the good kind) with CF. Carbs have made me gain 30 lbs and make my stomach swell up. I now wonder if it is b/c of the CF. I can't eat carbs the way a normal person does. I pack on weight instanteously.<p><p>I do not have diabetes and I am not pancreatic or liver inufficient. Anyone else have this issue?

C

cindylou

Don't quote me on this, but it is probably because you are not pancreatic insufficient that you're running into this. For those of us who are pancreatic insufficient, it is very difficult to gain weight and so they essentially just want you to eat ANYTHING that will help it! You know your body, and what works for it, best though. I've found that often if your CF is a little out of the ordinary, the doctors almost don't know what to do with it and just give you the advice they give to everyone. But really - you know yourself better than they do! So I would say, eat what makes you feel healthy.

C

cindylou

Don't quote me on this, but it is probably because you are not pancreatic insufficient that you're running into this. For those of us who are pancreatic insufficient, it is very difficult to gain weight and so they essentially just want you to eat ANYTHING that will help it! You know your body, and what works for it, best though. I've found that often if your CF is a little out of the ordinary, the doctors almost don't know what to do with it and just give you the advice they give to everyone. But really - you know yourself better than they do! So I would say, eat what makes you feel healthy.

C

cindylou

imported_Momto2

LTA I have had the same experience. I gain weight easily from carbs, and WAS overweight for a couple of years until I figured it all out. Now I go heavy on the super lean meats (turkey, chicken, fish) and a very large number of fresh and cooked fruits and vegetables. No dairy and no fat except yogurt and lots of almond milk. And I am pancreatic insufficient with diabetes (which has all but disappeared since I lot the weight and cut out carbs!) Oh, and no real sugar, but I do eat some of the artificial stuff.

imported_Momto2

LTA I have had the same experience. I gain weight easily from carbs, and WAS overweight for a couple of years until I figured it all out. Now I go heavy on the super lean meats (turkey, chicken, fish) and a very large number of fresh and cooked fruits and vegetables. No dairy and no fat except yogurt and lots of almond milk. And I am pancreatic insufficient with diabetes (which has all but disappeared since I lot the weight and cut out carbs!) Oh, and no real sugar, but I do eat some of the artificial stuff.

imported_Momto2