Career Path (HELP!!)

Robinranae

Ok, I am a senior in high school. I am having a really difficult time deciding which route to take. I started out wanting to be in health care, but changed my mind bc I don't think it's best for me to be around sick people all the time and expose myself to other's germs. So my sister and I sat down and talked about my interests. Unfortunately, I don't have much. I only like photography, marine animals, wildlife animals, and English/Biology. I have thought about becoming a Marine Biologist, but I don't think I will be truly happy. Then I thought about becoming a Teacher, but the salary is holding me back. I want to make a lot of money, but enjoy doing what I do. I just need help/advice on what possible paths I could take. THANK YOU!!!

Robinranae

Ok, I am a senior in high school. I am having a really difficult time deciding which route to take. I started out wanting to be in health care, but changed my mind bc I don't think it's best for me to be around sick people all the time and expose myself to other's germs. So my sister and I sat down and talked about my interests. Unfortunately, I don't have much. I only like photography, marine animals, wildlife animals, and English/Biology. I have thought about becoming a Marine Biologist, but I don't think I will be truly happy. Then I thought about becoming a Teacher, but the salary is holding me back. I want to make a lot of money, but enjoy doing what I do. I just need help/advice on what possible paths I could take. THANK YOU!!!

Printer

Robin:

80% of College Freshman will change their major at least once before graduation. You could start as a Liberal Arts major, take classes in which you have interest.

Talk to the Guidance Counselor at your High School, they will be a big help.

Bill

Printer

Robin:

80% of College Freshman will change their major at least once before graduation. You could start as a Liberal Arts major, take classes in which you have interest.

Talk to the Guidance Counselor at your High School, they will be a big help.

Bill

Robinranae

I talked to my counselor, she wasn't any help. If anything, she made things worse by putting even more topics and stuff on me. So I don't really know who else to go to...

Robinranae

I talked to my counselor, she wasn't any help. If anything, she made things worse by putting even more topics and stuff on me. So I don't really know who else to go to...

Anomie

Just get into something and make it cool! Stay away from the liberal arts though if you are serious about making good money someday.

Anomie

Just get into something and make it cool! Stay away from the liberal arts though if you are serious about making good money someday.

Robinranae

Not everyone in my family is supportive. They mostly want me to go into healthcare, but I refuse to. They don't understand that I'd be exposing myself to other's germs. I've taken a few career tests online, now they're saying criminal justice. While I have thought about doing investigation or something along that, my family says I'd have to go through the police academy and wouldn't make it. But I don't see how. Right now I would like to go into investigation, teaching, or something with marine/wildlife animals. But just don't know

Robinranae

Not everyone in my family is supportive. They mostly want me to go into healthcare, but I refuse to. They don't understand that I'd be exposing myself to other's germs. I've taken a few career tests online, now they're saying criminal justice. While I have thought about doing investigation or something along that, my family says I'd have to go through the police academy and wouldn't make it. But I don't see how. Right now I would like to go into investigation, teaching, or something with marine/wildlife animals. But just don't know

Imogene

Administrator
a good website to key into is <a href="http://www.ted.com">www.ted.com</a> Ted stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design. You will be inspired by people following their dreams in all different fields.
Good luck!
Jeanne

Imogene

Administrator
a good website to key into is <a href="http://www.ted.com">www.ted.com</a> Ted stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design. You will be inspired by people following their dreams in all different fields.
Good luck!
Jeanne

imported_Momto2

Ronbinranae, another consideration is health insurance and job security when you have to miss time for being ill.
I thought about marine bio for a while, even did an internship on the mangroves/reefs in Belize, but the working conditions were a bit daunting for me. (I wouldnt be happy staying in a lab all the time, but SCUBA with CF wasnt too practical). Have you thought about ecology or animal behavior?

Whatever school you choose, make sure it has good programs in several things you might be interested. And who knows, you might discover totally unknown talents and surprise interests!! Thats what is so great about college...branch out, take new stuff!

imported_Momto2

Ronbinranae, another consideration is health insurance and job security when you have to miss time for being ill.
I thought about marine bio for a while, even did an internship on the mangroves/reefs in Belize, but the working conditions were a bit daunting for me. (I wouldnt be happy staying in a lab all the time, but SCUBA with CF wasnt too practical). Have you thought about ecology or animal behavior?

Whatever school you choose, make sure it has good programs in several things you might be interested. And who knows, you might discover totally unknown talents and surprise interests!! Thats what is so great about college...branch out, take new stuff!

Printer

When I sais Liberal Arts, I was talking about a year ot two before changing to another major. For those who don't think that you can make money as a Liberal Arta Major, they must have never heard of Grad School. Most of my MBA classmates had been Liberal Arts Majors.

Printer

When I sais Liberal Arts, I was talking about a year ot two before changing to another major. For those who don't think that you can make money as a Liberal Arta Major, they must have never heard of Grad School. Most of my MBA classmates had been Liberal Arts Majors.

Robinranae

I'm not going into liberal arts, not going into something that doesn't interest me. I've decided to just become an English teacher. Marine biology would require me to swim and I don't know how to plus hold my breath for long periods of time. I wanted to become a criminal investigator of some sort, but was told I'd have to start out as a police officer and I couldn't make it through the training academy. Thank you though!

Robinranae

I'm not going into liberal arts, not going into something that doesn't interest me. I've decided to just become an English teacher. Marine biology would require me to swim and I don't know how to plus hold my breath for long periods of time. I wanted to become a criminal investigator of some sort, but was told I'd have to start out as a police officer and I couldn't make it through the training academy. Thank you though!