Careers

NYCLawGirl

I am on disability now, b/c I'm awaiting a transplant, but I'm an attorney and practiced for years on Wall St. The cool thing about having a job like that is that there is a lot of flexibility "built in" (like unlimited sick leave, lots of paid vacation, and great benefits including long-term disability for when you do need it). I couldn't agree more that you shouldn't limit yourself -- you absolutely need a career path that allows you take care of your health, but many professions can meet that goal.

NYCLawGirl

I am on disability now, b/c I'm awaiting a transplant, but I'm an attorney and practiced for years on Wall St. The cool thing about having a job like that is that there is a lot of flexibility "built in" (like unlimited sick leave, lots of paid vacation, and great benefits including long-term disability for when you do need it). I couldn't agree more that you shouldn't limit yourself -- you absolutely need a career path that allows you take care of your health, but many professions can meet that goal.

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl