Caregivers and depression

anonymous

I am the mother of mulitples with Cf. I definatly suffer from depression. I have been taking 20 mgs of Celexa but still feel so frusterated. I always feel guilty for yelling and not being happy. I dont know what else to do. I feel likes it is ruining my family. I never suffered from depression until my kids were diagnosed. Any suggestions? Any other parents feel this way? I feel like im the only one and i am embarrassed about it! I look so strong on the outside, everyone says "your always smiling", but they dont see the real me!Thanks!

Drea

Hi, I think that anyone who's child has ever been diagnosed goes through some sort of depression. We all show it in different ways. If the Celexa isn't working, please, talk to your doc and get something else. There are a ton of different antidepressants. It may take a while to find the right one. It is hard enough being a parent of one with CF but multiples!!!! That has got to be absolutley exhausting! (how many?) alos try joining an online support group like http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cfparents of http://groups.msn.com/cysticfibrosis2chat these are both great groups! Good luckAndrea

anonymous

I AM ALSO A MOTHER OF MULTIPLES (TRIPLETS) TWO W/CF. I KNOW FULL WELL THE STRESS THAT YOU ARE UNDER. I AM 37 AND JUST HAD TO GO ON HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE PILLS. I FEEL THAT THIS IS NOTHING THAT A GOOD ANTIDEPRESSANT COULDN'T HELP. BUT WHO HAS THE TIME AND ENREGY TO FIGURE WHICH ONE IS BEST. THE FRUSTRATION IS SO UNDERSTANDABLE. I ALSO HAVE A LOT OF GUILT. ALOT OF MINE COMES FROM THE FACT THAT I FEEL LIKE I PUSHED TO HAVE THESE KIDS WITH THE HELP OF FERTILITY DRUGS. IF I HADN'T OF DONE THAT NONE OF THIS WOULD OF HAPPENED. I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD OF JUST LET NATURE TAKE ITS COURSE, AND NEVER SHOULD OF WENT THE FERTILITY ROUTE. IF WE HAD KNOWN ABOUT THE CF, WE WOULD OF NEVER DID IT. BUT IT HAD NEVER SHOWED UP ON EITHER SIDE OF OUT FAMILIES. I GUESS IT WAS JUST THE LUCK OF THE DRAW. I WOULDN'T TRADE THEM FOR ANYTHING, BUT I WOULD NEVER DO IT AGAIN HAD I OF KNOWN. HANG IN THERE AND KNOW THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING YOU ARE GOING THROUGH.