Carpets?

kitomd21

How many of you have carpet in your homes? While not feasible for everybody, our CF doc has suggested to limit the amount of carpeting for obvious reasons. How often do you vacuum? Steam clean? Thanks!

kitomd21

How many of you have carpet in your homes? While not feasible for everybody, our CF doc has suggested to limit the amount of carpeting for obvious reasons. How often do you vacuum? Steam clean? Thanks!

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

MicheleGazelle

I'm in an apartment. We have wall-to-wall carpetting and hate it.

A few years ago, I bought a steam cleaner for the carpet. It initially made things better but in the long run I feel it made things worse. We don't like typical vacuum cleaners because we don't like having a big bag of crud sitting inside of it somewhere in our home. We don't like the brushes on a standard vacuum cleaner either. We feel they just serve to spread the problem. We currenlty own a hand-vac and threw away the brush attachment. We only vacuum the portion of our apartment we really use, which is less than half. We supplement that with frequently wiping down carpetted areas with peroxide and/or diet tonic water.

MicheleGazelle

A few years ago, I bought a steam cleaner for the carpet. It initially made things better but in the long run I feel it made things worse. We don't like typical vacuum cleaners because we don't like having a big bag of crud sitting inside of it somewhere in our home. We don't like the brushes on a standard vacuum cleaner either. We feel they just serve to spread the problem. We currenlty own a hand-vac and threw away the brush attachment. We only vacuum the portion of our apartment we really use, which is less than half. We supplement that with frequently wiping down carpetted areas with peroxide and/or diet tonic water.

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

<br />
<br />A few years ago, I bought a steam cleaner for the carpet. It initially made things better but in the long run I feel it made things worse. We don't like typical vacuum cleaners because we don't like having a big bag of crud sitting inside of it somewhere in our home. We don't like the brushes on a standard vacuum cleaner either. We feel they just serve to spread the problem. We currenlty own a hand-vac and threw away the brush attachment. We only vacuum the portion of our apartment we really use, which is less than half. We supplement that with frequently wiping down carpetted areas with peroxide and/or diet tonic water.

Buckeye

Half our house is carpet, the other half hardwood. Don't know which is worse because we have a dog and a cat that shed a lot so if I sweep the hardwood I get a ton of hair and if I vacuum the carpeting I get a ton of hair. I recently got a Dyson Animal vacuum with allergy attachments and I love it. The only problem is it's bagless, so I empty the container in the outside garbage can to keep the dust and hair from flying around inside when I empty it. To answer the other part of your question, I vacuum every other day and have it cleaned once a year. Which is basically what I did before my son was diagnosed. We've never been told to get rid of the carpet.

Buckeye

Half our house is carpet, the other half hardwood. Don't know which is worse because we have a dog and a cat that shed a lot so if I sweep the hardwood I get a ton of hair and if I vacuum the carpeting I get a ton of hair. I recently got a Dyson Animal vacuum with allergy attachments and I love it. The only problem is it's bagless, so I empty the container in the outside garbage can to keep the dust and hair from flying around inside when I empty it. To answer the other part of your question, I vacuum every other day and have it cleaned once a year. Which is basically what I did before my son was diagnosed. We've never been told to get rid of the carpet.

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye

Transplantmommy

I have always lived in places where there was at least come carpet. In the house that we have owned for 5 years now the living room and the two bedrooms have almost always had carpet in them. The living room was carpet when we moved in and we tore it up and had hardwood for a while and then we put a throw rug down and now we are back to having carpet. The two bedrooms still have carpet in them too.

I try to vacuum twice a week. We have a rainbow vacuum cleaner that gets like everything up! It uses a water system instead of filter and eliminates the dust particles flying out of the vacuum. You can also detach the hose and just let the vacuum suck in all the dust particles that are in the air. It is rather expensive but we like it.

We have an H2O mop that can be used to steam carpets and I have done that once so far. I am going to do it again soon and if it doesn't help with some of the stains we are bringing a professional cleaner in to get the carpet clean. It's not bad, but I want it to look better.

Transplantmommy

I have always lived in places where there was at least come carpet. In the house that we have owned for 5 years now the living room and the two bedrooms have almost always had carpet in them. The living room was carpet when we moved in and we tore it up and had hardwood for a while and then we put a throw rug down and now we are back to having carpet. The two bedrooms still have carpet in them too.

I try to vacuum twice a week. We have a rainbow vacuum cleaner that gets like everything up! It uses a water system instead of filter and eliminates the dust particles flying out of the vacuum. You can also detach the hose and just let the vacuum suck in all the dust particles that are in the air. It is rather expensive but we like it.

We have an H2O mop that can be used to steam carpets and I have done that once so far. I am going to do it again soon and if it doesn't help with some of the stains we are bringing a professional cleaner in to get the carpet clean. It's not bad, but I want it to look better.

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />I try to vacuum twice a week. We have a rainbow vacuum cleaner that gets like everything up! It uses a water system instead of filter and eliminates the dust particles flying out of the vacuum. You can also detach the hose and just let the vacuum suck in all the dust particles that are in the air. It is rather expensive but we like it.
<br />
<br />We have an H2O mop that can be used to steam carpets and I have done that once so far. I am going to do it again soon and if it doesn't help with some of the stains we are bringing a professional cleaner in to get the carpet clean. It's not bad, but I want it to look better.