Cayston Finger Slicing Club

M

MCGrad2006

Teeth...YUP!! And whoever mentioned the plastic cap...yes I recall that thing sucking. I am pretty sure I had to send some back unopened and essentially useless...

M

MCGrad2006

Teeth...YUP!! And whoever mentioned the plastic cap...yes I recall that thing sucking. I am pretty sure I had to send some back unopened and essentially useless...

T

tammykrumrey

I can join the club as well! I hate opening my daughters Cayston bottles!! I use the tip of a knife now. Learned the hard way!

T

tammykrumrey

I can join the club as well! I hate opening my daughters Cayston bottles!! I use the tip of a knife now. Learned the hard way!

bharison

I am in the club too. Nasty cuts. I find as others have written, a folded paper towel to grab the cap and pull it off and turn works the best. It is a good drug but I dislike the 3X a day routine. Since it is such a tiny amount you would think you could increase the dose and just do it 2x a day.

FYI I am 65 with CF and was not diagnosed until I was 64. But the diagnosis saved me. I am feeling better than I have in 10 years.

BMH - Ventura, CA

bharison

I am in the club too. Nasty cuts. I find as others have written, a folded paper towel to grab the cap and pull it off and turn works the best. It is a good drug but I dislike the 3X a day routine. Since it is such a tiny amount you would think you could increase the dose and just do it 2x a day.

FYI I am 65 with CF and was not diagnosed until I was 64. But the diagnosis saved me. I am feeling better than I have in 10 years.

BMH - Ventura, CA

W

windex125

I used plyers to pull the top off after too many cuts - but you have to do it slow casue sometimes you pull only the tab then what....

W

windex125

I used plyers to pull the top off after too many cuts - but you have to do it slow casue sometimes you pull only the tab then what....

musclemania70

Really? Plyers? I believe it. Sometimes I really wonder how far America has come-Are we going backwards? I wonder why they(manufacturers) bend over backwards to protect children-because face it, half the 'security' tabs, covers and protective locks or barriers are to protect children. Which leaves the people without children wondering, why do i have to go through all this for individuals that are not even in my house???
Instead, we are left with bloody fingers, cuts on our hands, and who knows what other awful injuries because 'the manufacturer doesn't want to get sued' by irresponsible parents who should be watching their children to begin with.
My husband once had to open the ADEK bottle with a bowie knife because we couldn't get the bottle open. And as far as the ADEKs go, does there really have to be a lock bottle top, tinfoil cover, and then cotton on top of that??
And Cayston users--What about all the small metal pieces that are left in bedroom garbage cans for little children to find? ISN'T THAT DANGEROUS??
All I have to say is obviously the people who are making the drug are not using it because if they did, they would know what a pain in the A$$ it is to open.
That's my rant. I'm done.

musclemania70

Really? Plyers? I believe it. Sometimes I really wonder how far America has come-Are we going backwards? I wonder why they(manufacturers) bend over backwards to protect children-because face it, half the 'security' tabs, covers and protective locks or barriers are to protect children. Which leaves the people without children wondering, why do i have to go through all this for individuals that are not even in my house???
Instead, we are left with bloody fingers, cuts on our hands, and who knows what other awful injuries because 'the manufacturer doesn't want to get sued' by irresponsible parents who should be watching their children to begin with.
My husband once had to open the ADEK bottle with a bowie knife because we couldn't get the bottle open. And as far as the ADEKs go, does there really have to be a lock bottle top, tinfoil cover, and then cotton on top of that??
And Cayston users--What about all the small metal pieces that are left in bedroom garbage cans for little children to find? ISN'T THAT DANGEROUS??
All I have to say is obviously the people who are making the drug are not using it because if they did, they would know what a pain in the A$$ it is to open.
That's my rant. I'm done.

TestifyToLove

I grab pliers when I remember to, but with eight kids my pliers always grow feet. Without fail, I always figure out I have a cut when I pull out the hand sanitzer or wash my hands, or other simple procedure right after setting up Cayston that makes me jump through the roof from the searing pain suddenly. I've never cut a DEEP gash, just a never ending superficial slice--the kind that hurts worse.

TestifyToLove

I grab pliers when I remember to, but with eight kids my pliers always grow feet. Without fail, I always figure out I have a cut when I pull out the hand sanitzer or wash my hands, or other simple procedure right after setting up Cayston that makes me jump through the roof from the searing pain suddenly. I've never cut a DEEP gash, just a never ending superficial slice--the kind that hurts worse.