Cayston making it more difficult to breathe?

B

Brm217

Hi Everyone,

Does anymore experience more difficulty in breathing when doing Cayston? My brother has had to stop using it because of this. I see such positive feedback on Cayston and I'm so disappointed that he's had to stop using it. I was just curious if this is common.

Thanks

rubyroselee

Hi,

I have not had that experience with Cayston, but I have had that problem with Colistin and Tobramycin. A few years ago, I tried Colistin for an exacerbation (which was only like the 5th time I had taken it) and I felt terrible. It felt like every time I did a treatment that my airways were closing up on me. Now, the same thing is happening with Tobramycin. I am not sure how much longer I am going to be able to handle that one either. I know that it can definitely happen though with these strong meds. It's definitely a bummer when there are so few good inhaled meds out there :(

chris27rocker

I've had that problem with Cayston from the start, but I've managed the symptoms because its the only PA drug I have left. I take Xopenex or Albuterol right before my dose, and if I start swelling, take an NSAID like ibuprofen. A cold pack on my chest seems to bring occasional relief as well.

CysticKid

Hi,

I have not had that experience with Cayston, but I have had that problem with Colistin and Tobramycin. A few years ago, I tried Colistin for an exacerbation (which was only like the 5th time I had taken it) and I felt terrible. It felt like every time I did a treatment that my airways were closing up on me. Now, the same thing is happening with Tobramycin. I am not sure how much longer I am going to be able to handle that one either. I know that it can definitely happen though with these strong meds. It's definitely a bummer when there are so few good inhaled meds out there :(

Wow! This is the exact same thing that happened to me. Unfortunately I do not to any inhaled antibiotics anymore because I can not tolerate them.

To the OP, yes this is common.