Cayston users

bigstar

Hey cayston users im gonna need your help! My doctor is considering to put me on Cayston so i have some questions!
1 Do you use it like Tobi? One month on one month off?
2 Do you use Tobi on your month off?
3 Do you think Cayston helped you? How is your PFTS? Do you feel better in general? Do you cough much? ( I cough too much using Tobi)
Thanx in advance!

bigstar

Hey cayston users im gonna need your help! My doctor is considering to put me on Cayston so i have some questions!
1 Do you use it like Tobi? One month on one month off?
2 Do you use Tobi on your month off?
3 Do you think Cayston helped you? How is your PFTS? Do you feel better in general? Do you cough much? ( I cough too much using Tobi)
Thanx in advance!

Kristen

1. Yes
2. No
3. Not sure. PFTs haven't changed, but they were high to begin with. I don't notice that I feel any different either, but it may be preventing me from getting sick. It doesn't make me cough. I found Tobi to be very irritating, so I definitely prefer Cayston.

Kristen

1. Yes
2. No
3. Not sure. PFTs haven't changed, but they were high to begin with. I don't notice that I feel any different either, but it may be preventing me from getting sick. It doesn't make me cough. I found Tobi to be very irritating, so I definitely prefer Cayston.

rubyroselee

Hi Vasiliki -
I alternate Tobra with Cayston each month. I really like both antibiotics and they work really well for me. Cayston causes me to cough a bit more (I believe it's one of the side effects), but it's more like a dry, nagging cough. Other than that, I feel really good on it.

rubyroselee

Hi Vasiliki -
I alternate Tobra with Cayston each month. I really like both antibiotics and they work really well for me. Cayston causes me to cough a bit more (I believe it's one of the side effects), but it's more like a dry, nagging cough. Other than that, I feel really good on it.

Incomudrox

1. Yes.

2. Yes, however I am trying to get OFF of TOBI and get on Inhaled Fortaz (Ceftazidime). However my insurance is putting up a fight so, I will continue on TOBI in my Cayston off month.

3. Not really sure, its easy to do and doesn't consume much of my time so I do it like clock work. I do mine Morning dose, then the second dose 4 hours later (this was OK'd by my Doc) and then the last on at bed time.

Incomudrox

1. Yes.

2. Yes, however I am trying to get OFF of TOBI and get on Inhaled Fortaz (Ceftazidime). However my insurance is putting up a fight so, I will continue on TOBI in my Cayston off month.

3. Not really sure, its easy to do and doesn't consume much of my time so I do it like clock work. I do mine Morning dose, then the second dose 4 hours later (this was OK'd by my Doc) and then the last on at bed time.

scanboyd

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes, do not know about pfts, feel good, not as wended when doing physical act. Do not cough much with either Cayston or Tobi when doing neb. Rx. Do have a good productive cough with HTS ESP. With morning rx. Have some productive with night rx. Have not had exerbations since starting inhaled antibotics. Will do pfts on next apt. In July. Have been stable for several yrs. PFTs, as you know cres, we are suppose to loose about 10% a yr if memory serves me correctly. Which if that is a correct % I should be dead!

Good luck

scanboyd

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes, do not know about pfts, feel good, not as wended when doing physical act. Do not cough much with either Cayston or Tobi when doing neb. Rx. Do have a good productive cough with HTS ESP. With morning rx. Have some productive with night rx. Have not had exerbations since starting inhaled antibotics. Will do pfts on next apt. In July. Have been stable for several yrs. PFTs, as you know cres, we are suppose to loose about 10% a yr if memory serves me correctly. Which if that is a correct % I should be dead!

Good luck

Incomudrox

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>musclemania70</b></i> I didn't know there was such a thing as inhaled Fortaz.</end quote>
Officaially, there isn't.

Incomudrox

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>musclemania70</b></i> I didn't know there was such a thing as inhaled Fortaz.</end quote>
Officaially, there isn't.

kayers3

1. Yes, but now I'm switching to two week increments of each.
2. Yes
3. When I first started it I felt like it really helped - my lungs just felt better, but I don't think I had a significant change in PFTs. Now that I've been on it for a bit I don't feel like it helps as much. The docs are switching to two week increments since after the first week or so on both TOBI and Cayston I start to feel like they aren't helping as much. Hopefully that rotation will help more. I cough with both TOBI and Cayston while doing the nebs. It just generally takes me a few minutes for any inhaled medicine before I can comfortably neb it. Cayston sometimes gives me a dry cough, but I didn't find it to be particularly harsh.

kayers3

1. Yes, but now I'm switching to two week increments of each.
2. Yes
3. When I first started it I felt like it really helped - my lungs just felt better, but I don't think I had a significant change in PFTs. Now that I've been on it for a bit I don't feel like it helps as much. The docs are switching to two week increments since after the first week or so on both TOBI and Cayston I start to feel like they aren't helping as much. Hopefully that rotation will help more. I cough with both TOBI and Cayston while doing the nebs. It just generally takes me a few minutes for any inhaled medicine before I can comfortably neb it. Cayston sometimes gives me a dry cough, but I didn't find it to be particularly harsh.