Cecostomy

KCarroll

My daughter will be 3 in April. She was in the hospital 5 times last year due to GI problems. She was on 3 caps of miralax (daily), dulcolax sup (every other day), liquid colace 2t (daily). She had several bm's a day but continued to fill up. We could not find any answers and were extremely frustrated. Eventually, we found a new doc who suggested a cecostomy. Kadyn had the cecostomy procedure on Dec. 13. She did wonderfully for the first few week, but is now filling up again. On Wednesday her CF doc even felt stool in her belly. I just don't understand. The poor girl is on the potty for almost an hour in the morning and an hour at night while she gets her enema through her tube. I just don't know what is going on. We see the doc on Feb. 7, but she is back to having daily belly aches, decreased appetite, restless sleep, etc. It is just so hard because I don't know how to help her.
Anyone had anything like this?
Thank you for any comments!
Katie

KCarroll

My daughter will be 3 in April. She was in the hospital 5 times last year due to GI problems. She was on 3 caps of miralax (daily), dulcolax sup (every other day), liquid colace 2t (daily). She had several bm's a day but continued to fill up. We could not find any answers and were extremely frustrated. Eventually, we found a new doc who suggested a cecostomy. Kadyn had the cecostomy procedure on Dec. 13. She did wonderfully for the first few week, but is now filling up again. On Wednesday her CF doc even felt stool in her belly. I just don't understand. The poor girl is on the potty for almost an hour in the morning and an hour at night while she gets her enema through her tube. I just don't know what is going on. We see the doc on Feb. 7, but she is back to having daily belly aches, decreased appetite, restless sleep, etc. It is just so hard because I don't know how to help her.
Anyone had anything like this?
Thank you for any comments!
Katie