Cepacia

KrazyKat

ok this is great news, but do you think this is likely to work for other types of cepacia or only the cenocepacia (genomovar 3)? I have mutlivorans which is genomovar 2........

batteredNfried

Call me a nerd, but the way they described the part about it having a susceptibility in the armor reminded me of the movie "Independence Day" where they send in the nukes after giving the alien ship a virus.

batteredNfried

Call me a nerd, but the way they described the part about it having a susceptibility in the armor reminded me of the movie "Independence Day" where they send in the nukes after giving the alien ship a virus.

batteredNfried

batteredNfried

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>KrazyKat</b></i>

ok this is great news, but do you think this is likely to work for other types of cepacia or only the cenocepacia (genomovar 3)? I have mutlivorans which is genomovar 2........</end quote></div>

Excellent point...I was wondering that myself. Since cenocepacia is the most prevalent, it makes sense to look at how to eradicate that one first. I would venture a guess that learning about the others and their susceptibilities will come as a result of further study.

batteredNfried

ok this is great news, but do you think this is likely to work for other types of cepacia or only the cenocepacia (genomovar 3)? I have mutlivorans which is genomovar 2........</end quote></div>

Excellent point...I was wondering that myself. Since cenocepacia is the most prevalent, it makes sense to look at how to eradicate that one first. I would venture a guess that learning about the others and their susceptibilities will come as a result of further study.

batteredNfried

lilmac7

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>batteredNfried</b></i>

Excellent point...I was wondering that myself. Since cenocepacia is the most prevalent, it makes sense to look at how to eradicate that one first. I would venture a guess that learning about the others and their susceptibilities will come as a result of further study.</end quote></div>

Yep, because as they eradicate that one another will become prevalent

lilmac7

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>batteredNfried</b></i>

Excellent point...I was wondering that myself. Since cenocepacia is the most prevalent, it makes sense to look at how to eradicate that one first. I would venture a guess that learning about the others and their susceptibilities will come as a result of further study.</end quote></div>

lilmac7