Cf Adventure Camp for Adults too

MissGoobergirl

Hello All
My name is Becki Snyder and I am the director of YOUNGLUNG Support Services, INC. We are a non-profit group that provides support services for young people with asthma and other lung diseases. Our major project is Camp Mosquito. It is an adventure based week long camp in the mountains of Tennessee for anyone over 7yo to 40ish is welcome and includes family members if they would like to also attend.

We do all sorts of fun activities, Breathing games,horseback riding, tubing, rafting,canoeing, the climbing wall, zip line, high ropes confidence course, crafts, swimming, hiking, etc. We accept any camper from mild exercise induced asthma to end stage oxygen dependant cystic fibrosis.

Camp will be held June 6-10th, 2005 at Camp Wesley Woods in Walland , TN. Our camp does work with Angel Flight and can provide free airfare to some campers.

The biggest thing camp promotes is a fun, safe time and all of our campers parents have commented on their child's/teens increase in medication compliance.

I myself am 26yo and just had a double lung transplant in September. I am also a nurse.

I can email or mail anyone a brochure. We have our own lodge this year and I know it'll be a blast ! ! !

Please check out the organization's website at :
www.younglung.org

Camp Mosquito can be reached from there ! ! !

Unfortunately those with MRSA/ORSA and Cepacia cannot attend.

Email me at :
Becki Snyder
campmosquito@younglung.org

Hope to hear from you.

Becki Snyder
Director and Fellow Ex-Wheezer

Emmie

Hi Becky

First off, congratulations on your double lung transplant. I hope all is going well!

The CF Adventure camp sounds great, although living in the UK means I wouldn't be able to get there! However I did have a general query about the issue of cross-infection. You see, here in the UK we are advised not to have any direct social contact with other CFers due to the risk of cross-infection. Is this different in the US?

Here there is much concern over the risk of transmission of pseudomonas between people with CF, so we don't have any social groups or activities where people with CF get together. Many years ago there used to be CF camps and holidays, but now this has all completely stopped. Most hospitals also segregate clinics according to those with/without pseudomonas.

It is such a shame that we are not able to meet socially, although we still get to know each other over the internet. I was just wondering if you knew why the situation in the UK and USA seems so different?

Good Luck anyway with the camp...sounds fun!

anonymous

Hi I saw what you wrote and i was told the same thing about being around others with cf. I live in virginia in the usa. I would like to talk if you want to.

Emmie

Hello! Always like to chat to other people! Sorry I don't know your name, but if you want to leave an email address I can contact you?

anonymous

I JUST READ YOUR E-MAIL . AND I AM VERY INTERESTED IN GETTING INFORMATION ON THE CAMP. COULD YOU PLEASE SEND IT TO PO BOX 914 SNYDER, TEXAS 79550 MY PHONE # IS 325-573-2392 THANK YOU LACIE