cf alcoholics

lilywing

Just putting it out there,
i struggle with cf and compliance and doing the things i know i should, and i'm 31! as some of you know, i am a recovering alcoholic, and as of July 11, i had almost 8 months of sobriety under my belt. unfortunately, i relapsed on the morning of july 12. i hate myself for it, and the worst part is that i've kept drinking since. when i was sober, my fev1 was as high as 69, and in three weeks, i've seen a huge change for the worst. the stupid thing is this: it PISSES me off that I have to look after myself so much, that 3 weeks of drinking can turn my life to *****. and that makes me want to drink more. i don't know what to do. alcohol is such a depressant, and i'm feeling it right now. it feels like there is no worth to trying to keep myself healthy, when everything can change overnight, alcohol or not.
i feel hopeless, again

lilywing

i struggle with cf and compliance and doing the things i know i should, and i'm 31! as some of you know, i am a recovering alcoholic, and as of July 11, i had almost 8 months of sobriety under my belt. unfortunately, i relapsed on the morning of july 12. i hate myself for it, and the worst part is that i've kept drinking since. when i was sober, my fev1 was as high as 69, and in three weeks, i've seen a huge change for the worst. the stupid thing is this: it PISSES me off that I have to look after myself so much, that 3 weeks of drinking can turn my life to *****. and that makes me want to drink more. i don't know what to do. alcohol is such a depressant, and i'm feeling it right now. it feels like there is no worth to trying to keep myself healthy, when everything can change overnight, alcohol or not.
i feel hopeless, again

lilywing

i feel hopeless, again

lilywing

i feel hopeless, again

lilywing

<br />i struggle with cf and compliance and doing the things i know i should, and i'm 31! as some of you know, i am a recovering alcoholic, and as of July 11, i had almost 8 months of sobriety under my belt. unfortunately, i relapsed on the morning of july 12. i hate myself for it, and the worst part is that i've kept drinking since. when i was sober, my fev1 was as high as 69, and in three weeks, i've seen a huge change for the worst. the stupid thing is this: it PISSES me off that I have to look after myself so much, that 3 weeks of drinking can turn my life to *****. and that makes me want to drink more. i don't know what to do. alcohol is such a depressant, and i'm feeling it right now. it feels like there is no worth to trying to keep myself healthy, when everything can change overnight, alcohol or not.
<br />i feel hopeless, again

jbrandonAW

Aww hun hang in there! I would really suggest some antidepressants. I would also suggest counseling. I took antideprssants and they did nothing for me, but when I went to counseling it really really helped (ya knwo both together).

On a side note if you REALLY want to just drink, try maybe a glass or 2 of red wine a day. It might relax and take the edge off - and red wine is really good for in you the correct amounts.

jbrandonAW

Aww hun hang in there! I would really suggest some antidepressants. I would also suggest counseling. I took antideprssants and they did nothing for me, but when I went to counseling it really really helped (ya knwo both together).

On a side note if you REALLY want to just drink, try maybe a glass or 2 of red wine a day. It might relax and take the edge off - and red wine is really good for in you the correct amounts.

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

<br />
<br />On a side note if you REALLY want to just drink, try maybe a glass or 2 of red wine a day. It might relax and take the edge off - and red wine is really good for in you the correct amounts.

JennifersHope

Hey Kelly,

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time right now. I think your honesty is so brave. I don't struggle with drinking but I think each of us deal with CF in our own way ....

I don't have great advice for you but if there are people in your life that you love and that your trust I would surround yourself with them, reach out.. Do you have a good social worker at clinic.. I personally don't even know my social workers name but I have great doctors, nurse and RT.. and I can rely on them to help me with anything...

I hope someone on here can help you, but I just wanted you to know I am so glad you are reaching out and sharing how you feel, I hope so badly that you find the strength that you need... I have a friend that is in AA and is doing really well, I think you get a sponsor there and everything. Have you tried that?

Good luck to you girl, keep writing so we can know how things are going

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Hey Kelly,

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time right now. I think your honesty is so brave. I don't struggle with drinking but I think each of us deal with CF in our own way ....

I don't have great advice for you but if there are people in your life that you love and that your trust I would surround yourself with them, reach out.. Do you have a good social worker at clinic.. I personally don't even know my social workers name but I have great doctors, nurse and RT.. and I can rely on them to help me with anything...

I hope someone on here can help you, but I just wanted you to know I am so glad you are reaching out and sharing how you feel, I hope so badly that you find the strength that you need... I have a friend that is in AA and is doing really well, I think you get a sponsor there and everything. Have you tried that?

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Hey Kelly,

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Hey Kelly,

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Hey Kelly,
<br />
<br />I am so sorry you are having such a hard time right now. I think your honesty is so brave. I don't struggle with drinking but I think each of us deal with CF in our own way ....
<br />
<br />I don't have great advice for you but if there are people in your life that you love and that your trust I would surround yourself with them, reach out.. Do you have a good social worker at clinic.. I personally don't even know my social workers name but I have great doctors, nurse and RT.. and I can rely on them to help me with anything...
<br />
<br />I hope someone on here can help you, but I just wanted you to know I am so glad you are reaching out and sharing how you feel, I hope so badly that you find the strength that you need... I have a friend that is in AA and is doing really well, I think you get a sponsor there and everything. Have you tried that?
<br />
<br />Good luck to you girl, keep writing so we can know how things are going
<br />
<br />Jennifer

saveferris2009

Hey there,

I know many CFer's self medicate - whether for some it's over-eating, others it's non-compliance (a form of empowerment over the disease), drug use, etc etc.

I'm pretty sure you're going to answer yes to this, but have you received therapy? There are therapists who specialize in terminal illnesses that can be very helpful.

This disease is tough on everyone and there are some great tools therapists can teach all of us to cope.

All the best.

saveferris2009

Hey there,

I know many CFer's self medicate - whether for some it's over-eating, others it's non-compliance (a form of empowerment over the disease), drug use, etc etc.

I'm pretty sure you're going to answer yes to this, but have you received therapy? There are therapists who specialize in terminal illnesses that can be very helpful.

This disease is tough on everyone and there are some great tools therapists can teach all of us to cope.

All the best.

saveferris2009

Hey there,

All the best.

saveferris2009

Hey there,

All the best.

saveferris2009

Hey there,
<br />
<br />
<br />I know many CFer's self medicate - whether for some it's over-eating, others it's non-compliance (a form of empowerment over the disease), drug use, etc etc.
<br />
<br />I'm pretty sure you're going to answer yes to this, but have you received therapy? There are therapists who specialize in terminal illnesses that can be very helpful.
<br />
<br />This disease is tough on everyone and there are some great tools therapists can teach all of us to cope.
<br />
<br />All the best.