Cf and Celiac??

MicheleGazelle

My general understanding is that people with CF are more likely than average to have Celiac's. And my observation has been that even if someone with CF doesn't have Celiac's, it is common to have at least moderate trouble tolerating wheat and dairy. This is something I have to limit, though not as much as I used to now that I am healthier.

MicheleGazelle

My general understanding is that people with CF are more likely than average to have Celiac's. And my observation has been that even if someone with CF doesn't have Celiac's, it is common to have at least moderate trouble tolerating wheat and dairy. This is something I have to limit, though not as much as I used to now that I am healthier.

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

crickit715

my daughter was recently also tested for celiacs because of several food allergies....they did the usual blood testing and it came back neg, but i was told that the test isnt very reliable and often shows a false neg result.

crickit715

my daughter was recently also tested for celiacs because of several food allergies....they did the usual blood testing and it came back neg, but i was told that the test isnt very reliable and often shows a false neg result.

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715

Littlemiss

I think that CF can cause Coeliac-like presentation because the poorly-digested fats flatten the villi (absorbing stuctures) in the small intestine. This may cause malabsorbtion of gluten (the basic problem with coeliac disease) as well as some other nutrients. I am anaemic and need iron supplements, from my own research I think this is the reason.
The genetic tests are likely to have the answer - have you had her CF genes identified?

AJ

Littlemiss

I think that CF can cause Coeliac-like presentation because the poorly-digested fats flatten the villi (absorbing stuctures) in the small intestine. This may cause malabsorbtion of gluten (the basic problem with coeliac disease) as well as some other nutrients. I am anaemic and need iron supplements, from my own research I think this is the reason.
The genetic tests are likely to have the answer - have you had her CF genes identified?

AJ

Littlemiss

AJ

Littlemiss

AJ

Littlemiss

<br />The genetic tests are likely to have the answer - have you had her CF genes identified?
<br />
<br />AJ

dlo2977

She has not had the genetic testing done yet. Can CF cause a false positive on the celiac antibody blood test?

dlo2977

She has not had the genetic testing done yet. Can CF cause a false positive on the celiac antibody blood test?

dlo2977

dlo2977

dlo2977