CF AND MEDICINE INDUCED ADHD

steph20

Hello, My name is Stephanie and I am new to this website. My husband and I have a soon to be 5 year old who was diagnosed at 2 with CF. Within the last 2 years she has been put on pulmozyme and zophenex (spelling not sure). She has no lung problems. She is also on Ulrase MT12 and MT20. She takes 1 MT12 and MT20 at each meal. MT12 for snacks. She is also taking aquaRhinocort once in the morning. She does the VEST 2 times a day. She has had 3 sinus surgeries and is coming up on her 4th once school gets out. My question is..... has anyone had any problems with their children with medicine induced ADHD. My doctor is telling me we need to keep an eye on it. She is bouncing off the walls even when she is sick. I have an appt with a behavioral doctor for next week. Just looking for any help anyone has. Thank you.

Stephanie 34yrs old n/cf
mother to Madi 5 w/cf (delta F508 and 1471delA)

steph20

Hello, My name is Stephanie and I am new to this website. My husband and I have a soon to be 5 year old who was diagnosed at 2 with CF. Within the last 2 years she has been put on pulmozyme and zophenex (spelling not sure). She has no lung problems. She is also on Ulrase MT12 and MT20. She takes 1 MT12 and MT20 at each meal. MT12 for snacks. She is also taking aquaRhinocort once in the morning. She does the VEST 2 times a day. She has had 3 sinus surgeries and is coming up on her 4th once school gets out. My question is..... has anyone had any problems with their children with medicine induced ADHD. My doctor is telling me we need to keep an eye on it. She is bouncing off the walls even when she is sick. I have an appt with a behavioral doctor for next week. Just looking for any help anyone has. Thank you.

Stephanie 34yrs old n/cf

steph20

Stephanie 34yrs old n/cf

jenirein

That is interesting. My daughter started kindergarten this year and has had a terrible time focusing. Our doctors in Denver said this was not due to medication at all. She is on albuterol, pulmozyme, enzymes and the Inspire trial. I would like to talk with you about this, so if it is the medication she is treated fairly instead of getting in trouble all the time since it is the medication and not a behavioral issue. Thanks.

Jen, mom to maya 6 with CF double delta 508
jenirein@yahoo.com

jenirein

That is interesting. My daughter started kindergarten this year and has had a terrible time focusing. Our doctors in Denver said this was not due to medication at all. She is on albuterol, pulmozyme, enzymes and the Inspire trial. I would like to talk with you about this, so if it is the medication she is treated fairly instead of getting in trouble all the time since it is the medication and not a behavioral issue. Thanks.

jenirein@yahoo.com

jenirein

jenirein@yahoo.com

jenirein

jenirein@yahoo.com

jenirein

jenirein@yahoo.com

jenirein

jenirein@yahoo.com

jenirein

jenirein@yahoo.com

jenirein

jenirein@yahoo.com

jenirein

jenirein@yahoo.com

jenirein

jenirein@yahoo.com

jenirein

jenirein@yahoo.com

jenirein

jenirein@yahoo.com

jenirein

jenirein@yahoo.com

jenirein

jenirein@yahoo.com

jenirein

jenirein@yahoo.com

jenirein

jenirein@yahoo.com

jenirein

jenirein@yahoo.com