CF and Siblings

tesorotiffa

Well, I am the "CFer" in the family and am the oldest child... and I happen to be the overachiever of the bunch! lol

My brother is 11 years younger than me, and other than being a slight hypochondriac, he just does his own thing.

tesorotiffa

Well, I am the "CFer" in the family and am the oldest child... and I happen to be the overachiever of the bunch! lol

My brother is 11 years younger than me, and other than being a slight hypochondriac, he just does his own thing.

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

<br />
<br />My brother is 11 years younger than me, and other than being a slight hypochondriac, he just does his own thing.

Robinadh

thankyou for bringing this subject up. I constantly worry about my daughter. Will we do the right things? Besides worrying about my son, I always try to think about his healthy sister. All your stories are really helpful!

Robinadh

thankyou for bringing this subject up. I constantly worry about my daughter. Will we do the right things? Besides worrying about my son, I always try to think about his healthy sister. All your stories are really helpful!

Robinadh

Robinadh

Robinadh

Lance2020x

Hmm. Well I have two brothers, I am the youngest, and the oldest is the only one of us three that DOESN'T have CF. It never was an issue... He was always a very driven person, and my brother and my CF was never made a big deal in the family, we were in charge of our own health from a very early age and CF wasn't something that was allowed to master our lives. We were all treated equally. I thought for years that my oldest brother just didn't care a bit, but I've found out over the past few years (he is now 29, my middle is now 28, I'm 23) that he's always respected us for what we've been through. But still... that's about it. We had enough family issues that were unrelated to CF that my brother and my CF just was something we took charge of ourselves. Mainly, though, it was the fact that, as I said, from an early age we were expected to handle what was given us, and our CF wasn't made a big deal. It was something we had, something we had to take extra care of, doing treatments was never an 'option', but we never were allowed to think that CF would limit us or make us incapable in any way.

Lance2020x

Hmm. Well I have two brothers, I am the youngest, and the oldest is the only one of us three that DOESN'T have CF. It never was an issue... He was always a very driven person, and my brother and my CF was never made a big deal in the family, we were in charge of our own health from a very early age and CF wasn't something that was allowed to master our lives. We were all treated equally. I thought for years that my oldest brother just didn't care a bit, but I've found out over the past few years (he is now 29, my middle is now 28, I'm 23) that he's always respected us for what we've been through. But still... that's about it. We had enough family issues that were unrelated to CF that my brother and my CF just was something we took charge of ourselves. Mainly, though, it was the fact that, as I said, from an early age we were expected to handle what was given us, and our CF wasn't made a big deal. It was something we had, something we had to take extra care of, doing treatments was never an 'option', but we never were allowed to think that CF would limit us or make us incapable in any way.

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

Lance2020x