CF and Sleep Apnea??

Sweetness81

Thank you for your responses. I did an o2 sat test about two years ago. I believe that I was fine. I stayed above 89% for most of the night, but I have had pseudomonas/mrsa pneumonia since then. My o2 stats drop quite a bit when I walk around, but I seem to be ok, as long as I dont move too much! My lung function dropped to 58% in three months! But went up to 78% before I was released from the hospital. So another o2 stat might help now.

I will ask about it again. I will also push for a sleep study. I do now have ambien, all it does is knock me out. I do admit that it has helped me sleep at night, but I dont exactly wake up feeling better. I just wake up feeling like I got like two hours of sleep. Its like my body gets a taste of good sleep, but cant get enough of it. I know that my o2 levels have been dropping since I had my third sinus surgery in sept. 2006. So there may be some tests that need to be redone.

Sweetness 27/cf/PTSD/IBS/neuropathy/ebstein's anomaly/insomnia

Sweetness81

Thank you for your responses. I did an o2 sat test about two years ago. I believe that I was fine. I stayed above 89% for most of the night, but I have had pseudomonas/mrsa pneumonia since then. My o2 stats drop quite a bit when I walk around, but I seem to be ok, as long as I dont move too much! My lung function dropped to 58% in three months! But went up to 78% before I was released from the hospital. So another o2 stat might help now.

I will ask about it again. I will also push for a sleep study. I do now have ambien, all it does is knock me out. I do admit that it has helped me sleep at night, but I dont exactly wake up feeling better. I just wake up feeling like I got like two hours of sleep. Its like my body gets a taste of good sleep, but cant get enough of it. I know that my o2 levels have been dropping since I had my third sinus surgery in sept. 2006. So there may be some tests that need to be redone.

Sweetness81

Sweetness81

Sweetness81

<br />
<br /> I will ask about it again. I will also push for a sleep study. I do now have ambien, all it does is knock me out. I do admit that it has helped me sleep at night, but I dont exactly wake up feeling better. I just wake up feeling like I got like two hours of sleep. Its like my body gets a taste of good sleep, but cant get enough of it. I know that my o2 levels have been dropping since I had my third sinus surgery in sept. 2006. So there may be some tests that need to be redone.
<br />
<br />Sweetness 27/cf/PTSD/IBS/neuropathy/ebstein's anomaly/insomnia

Transplantmommy

I was also going to suggest the O2 at night. My doctors put me on O2 at night back in 1999 when I told them that I wasn't sleeping well and that worked until my lungs got worse and I would wake up coughing up a whole bunch of junk or just couldn't sleep because I was coughing too much when I laid down.

I hope that you get what you need. Not getting any sleep is not fun. I have been there and done that and am so happy that I got the transplants and it's not a problem anymore.

Transplantmommy

I was also going to suggest the O2 at night. My doctors put me on O2 at night back in 1999 when I told them that I wasn't sleeping well and that worked until my lungs got worse and I would wake up coughing up a whole bunch of junk or just couldn't sleep because I was coughing too much when I laid down.

I hope that you get what you need. Not getting any sleep is not fun. I have been there and done that and am so happy that I got the transplants and it's not a problem anymore.

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />I hope that you get what you need. Not getting any sleep is not fun. I have been there and done that and am so happy that I got the transplants and it's not a problem anymore.

Sweetness81

Interestingly enough my lung function is 78%. Last time my o2 was checked in the dr.s office it was 98. Im not sure what it could be, but I will ask my doctor if I need o2 at night now. Thank you for the suggestions, and advice! Will keep everyone posted.

Sweetness81

Interestingly enough my lung function is 78%. Last time my o2 was checked in the dr.s office it was 98. Im not sure what it could be, but I will ask my doctor if I need o2 at night now. Thank you for the suggestions, and advice! Will keep everyone posted.

Sweetness81

Sweetness81

Sweetness81

<br />
<br />

Brad

It sounds like You need a Sleep Study, from a different Doctor though.

My nephew has No Cf and He has to wear a C Pap at night.

He was having all the same problems you are having Sweetness81, except for the
CF of course. He does have sleep apnea, but with the
C-Pap he says he sleeps like a baby and he is not tired
all day now.

Good Luck

Brad

all day now.

Good Luck

Brad

all day now.

Good Luck

Brad

all day now.

Good Luck

Brad

<br />
<br /> My nephew has No Cf and He has to wear a C Pap at night.
<br />
<br /> He was having all the same problems you are having Sweetness81, except for the
<br /> CF of course. He does have sleep apnea, but with the
<br /> C-Pap he says he sleeps like a baby and he is not tired
<br /> all day now.
<br />
<br /> Good Luck
<br />
<br />