CF article in the Washingtonian

dwills

Hi everyone,

I'm Denise--the author of the article. A reader sent me a link to this forum, and I was really moved by your responses. I wasn't sure how this article would go over, and I can't tell you how difficult it was to write. So I just wanted to say thanks for your comments. They mean a lot to me. I'm going to send the link to Peter as well.

Best,
Denise

dwills

Hi everyone,

I'm Denise--the author of the article. A reader sent me a link to this forum, and I was really moved by your responses. I wasn't sure how this article would go over, and I can't tell you how difficult it was to write. So I just wanted to say thanks for your comments. They mean a lot to me. I'm going to send the link to Peter as well.

Best,
Denise

dwills

Hi everyone,

Best,
Denise

dwills

Hi everyone,

Best,
Denise

dwills

Hi everyone,

Best,
Denise

Scottius

Denise--What a thought-provoking article. It really captured the challenges of trying to live a normal life when you have a condition that is anything but normal. It was good to hear your perspective as the one who must watch from the outside...it is obvious you care for your brother a lot!

Also, thanks for stopping by here!

Scottius

Denise--What a thought-provoking article. It really captured the challenges of trying to live a normal life when you have a condition that is anything but normal. It was good to hear your perspective as the one who must watch from the outside...it is obvious you care for your brother a lot!

Scottius

Scottius

Scottius

DarbSkull

Denise - You are a good writer and I really enjoyed your article. I found it interesting for a couple of reasons. My doctor is very aggressive and I am extremely compliant. I go to the doc AT LEAST once a month and go on IV antibiotics every 3 or 4 months whether I am sick or not. As a result I have increased my lung function by 15% in a little over 3 years. I do it because I really hate being sick and I'll do anything I can do avoid it. Even with my all I do to treat my CF, I am able to work 40+ hours a week and play sports, etc.<br>
<br>
My sister however is more like Peter, and as a result she isn't doing nearly as well as I am, even though we have the same mutation. Your article showed me the illness from that perspective and I think maybe helped me to understand a little bit why she is the way she is. Thanks for that. I emailed your article to my Mom too.<br>
<br>
I hope Peter joins the forum and is able to learn more about possible treatments. I look forward to hearing from him. He'll definitely find people here from both camps - the "fight like hell" camp and the "I don't let CF rule my life" camp. Each person has to deal with CF in their own way, I suppose.

DarbSkull

Denise - You are a good writer and I really enjoyed your article. I found it interesting for a couple of reasons. My doctor is very aggressive and I am extremely compliant. I go to the doc AT LEAST once a month and go on IV antibiotics every 3 or 4 months whether I am sick or not. As a result I have increased my lung function by 15% in a little over 3 years. I do it because I really hate being sick and I'll do anything I can do avoid it. Even with my all I do to treat my CF, I am able to work 40+ hours a week and play sports, etc.<br>
<br>
My sister however is more like Peter, and as a result she isn't doing nearly as well as I am, even though we have the same mutation. Your article showed me the illness from that perspective and I think maybe helped me to understand a little bit why she is the way she is. Thanks for that. I emailed your article to my Mom too.<br>
<br>
I hope Peter joins the forum and is able to learn more about possible treatments. I look forward to hearing from him. He'll definitely find people here from both camps - the "fight like hell" camp and the "I don't let CF rule my life" camp. Each person has to deal with CF in their own way, I suppose.

DarbSkull

<br>
<br>

DarbSkull

<br>
<br>

DarbSkull

<br>
<br>

Thank you for sharing that article. As much as I've tried to explain the in's and out's of CF to my husband I really fall short and he gets confused. This should clear it up nicely!

Thank you for sharing that article. As much as I've tried to explain the in's and out's of CF to my husband I really fall short and he gets confused. This should clear it up nicely!