CF centers in Kansas City

beansmom

We are thinking about moving because currently we live about 4 hours from a CF center, and it is becoming problematic because of frequent hospital stays. We have extended family in the Kansas City area so it is high on the list of places to relocate. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Our daughter is almost 4

beansmom

We are thinking about moving because currently we live about 4 hours from a CF center, and it is becoming problematic because of frequent hospital stays. We have extended family in the Kansas City area so it is high on the list of places to relocate. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Our daughter is almost 4

beansmom

beansmom

beansmom

Irishgal

Hi there! I just moved to Kansas City Missouri 2 years ago. For Kids with CF there Is a great CF center at Childrens Mercy. The hospital is amazing & has a great reputation. Since I'm an adult with CF I go to KU (univ of Kansas hospital) which is a 7 minute drive for me. & I love it. They are so great! Love my Dr & the CF nurse. Best relationship I have ever had with a doc & he is so great.
So, Kansas City has great options for an adult or pediatric CF center. Plus, I love Kansas City! Where do u live now?

Irishgal

Hi there! I just moved to Kansas City Missouri 2 years ago. For Kids with CF there Is a great CF center at Childrens Mercy. The hospital is amazing & has a great reputation. Since I'm an adult with CF I go to KU (univ of Kansas hospital) which is a 7 minute drive for me. & I love it. They are so great! Love my Dr & the CF nurse. Best relationship I have ever had with a doc & he is so great.
So, Kansas City has great options for an adult or pediatric CF center. Plus, I love Kansas City! Where do u live now?

Irishgal

Irishgal

Irishgal

<br />So, Kansas City has great options for an adult or pediatric CF center. Plus, I love Kansas City! Where do u live now?

My 3 yr old son goes to Children's Mercy and we love it. We have not a single complaint. The day he was diagnosed they had us come straight in and the whole team was there for us anwsering any of our questions and comforting us. Anytime I need something I get a call straight back and they love Parker! Dr. Black is our Dr. but I do know they just got 2 news ones also. We just prefer to stick with him and only see him. Parker loves him a lot. There are 3 nurse practicioners and they are all superb! THe RT, Dietican, and social worker are wondrful too. They are on top of everything and we feel like we are family when we get there. Good luck with your move!

Jenn

mommy to Parker 3 wcf & Bailey w/o cf

My 3 yr old son goes to Children's Mercy and we love it. We have not a single complaint. The day he was diagnosed they had us come straight in and the whole team was there for us anwsering any of our questions and comforting us. Anytime I need something I get a call straight back and they love Parker! Dr. Black is our Dr. but I do know they just got 2 news ones also. We just prefer to stick with him and only see him. Parker loves him a lot. There are 3 nurse practicioners and they are all superb! THe RT, Dietican, and social worker are wondrful too. They are on top of everything and we feel like we are family when we get there. Good luck with your move!

Jenn

Jenn

Jenn

<br />
<br />Jenn
<br />
<br />mommy to Parker 3 wcf & Bailey w/o cf

hannahj1d

I went to Children's Mercy for 6 years. Dr. Black is the BEST doctor I have ever had, along with the entire team (especially the pulmonologists, Marcy, John and Dawn) SO great, they really taught me a lot, not only about my CF but how to maintain it. I also went to the University in Columbia, and though I liked them, I feel as though I really got to explore my options in treatment at Children's Mercy. Dr. Black was very receptive to how I felt, (I was not always the best patient) but when I did go in he let me experience IPV, IPPB, Autogenic Drainage, different IV therapies and such that I just felt worked so much better than my old clinic.

//typed all this and realized it was posted so long ago, i hope your treatments are going well, in which ever way you decided to go.

musclemania70

I heard their children's program was good. I commuted to St Louis Univ hospital for adult care because I did not find KU med center good.