CF Clinic Dietician

dillman

We had the same thing happen. After having his Dr. draft a letter, our insurance said it was not covered. I haven't taken any further action yet. I feel that a dietician is necessary but I would love to hear what your typical visit is like with your dietician. Ours costs us $30 out of pocket and I swear she does nothing. She asks what he eats on a typical day and then no matter how much he says he eats she tells him to eat more and that's about the whole visit. At this point in his life we know what our son should eat and how many calories he should consume, are we missing something? I guess I just hate paying $30 to someone who tells us what we already know. Thanks!

dillman

We had the same thing happen. After having his Dr. draft a letter, our insurance said it was not covered. I haven't taken any further action yet. I feel that a dietician is necessary but I would love to hear what your typical visit is like with your dietician. Ours costs us $30 out of pocket and I swear she does nothing. She asks what he eats on a typical day and then no matter how much he says he eats she tells him to eat more and that's about the whole visit. At this point in his life we know what our son should eat and how many calories he should consume, are we missing something? I guess I just hate paying $30 to someone who tells us what we already know. Thanks!

dillman

dillman

dillman

V

valigirl21

No! Don't let it go! 1st check your benefits, THOUROUGHLY, then talk with your clinic again. See if their billing dept has any ideas or is appealing this with your insurance company; they should be doing that already. If they maintain that it isn't covered, ask them WHEN the policy changed b/c it was a previously covered benefit.

Do you by chance have Humana? If you don't mind my asking?

V

valigirl21

No! Don't let it go! 1st check your benefits, THOUROUGHLY, then talk with your clinic again. See if their billing dept has any ideas or is appealing this with your insurance company; they should be doing that already. If they maintain that it isn't covered, ask them WHEN the policy changed b/c it was a previously covered benefit.

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21

<br />
<br />Do you by chance have Humana? If you don't mind my asking?