CF daughter starting kindergarten

mistylavon

I saw someone on here used Lisa Green's resounces/letters for teachers when starting school and I found the letter and plan on using it too. I'm wondering, do most or all parents on here also request their children using their own markers, pencils, scissors, etc.? I'd never thought about that before but I think it's a wonderful idea. I know our school is community use so I can see how that would really help with less germs/bugs.

Thanks!

mistylavon

I saw someone on here used Lisa Green's resounces/letters for teachers when starting school and I found the letter and plan on using it too. I'm wondering, do most or all parents on here also request their children using their own markers, pencils, scissors, etc.? I'd never thought about that before but I think it's a wonderful idea. I know our school is community use so I can see how that would really help with less germs/bugs.

Thanks!

mistylavon

<br />
<br />Thanks!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Our school has supply lists and individual items for each student. So it wasn't really a concern. And the teachers do request parents send not only antibacterial hand wipes & regular tissues, but antibacterial (clorox) wipes.

One would think, especially after last season's tough flu season that schools would tend to veer away from shared items. Or maybe they view it as a non-issue due to the number of times they have the students wash their hands through out the day...

Might be something to mention to your local PTA or bring it up during your meeting with the principal/teacher.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Our school has supply lists and individual items for each student. So it wasn't really a concern. And the teachers do request parents send not only antibacterial hand wipes & regular tissues, but antibacterial (clorox) wipes.

One would think, especially after last season's tough flu season that schools would tend to veer away from shared items. Or maybe they view it as a non-issue due to the number of times they have the students wash their hands through out the day...

Might be something to mention to your local PTA or bring it up during your meeting with the principal/teacher.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />One would think, especially after last season's tough flu season that schools would tend to veer away from shared items. Or maybe they view it as a non-issue due to the number of times they have the students wash their hands through out the day...
<br />
<br />Might be something to mention to your local PTA or bring it up during your meeting with the principal/teacher.