Cf dx w/ "normal" sweat test

LouLou

Cf dx w/ "normal

DS had a sweat test of 12. He was found to have two mutations through Genzyme. FYI Genzyme and Quest are also doing the sequencing but Ambry leads the way. They reported at a recent cf conference that they now are evaluating for 1800 mutations! I wonder when the statistic of 1 in 23 caucasions is going to to be reevaluated...seems like there's got to be a whole lot more carriers. As my dad said recently, "I think we're going to find that many of us have some shade of gray of cf."

LouLou

Cf dx w/ "normal

DS had a sweat test of 12. He was found to have two mutations through Genzyme. FYI Genzyme and Quest are also doing the sequencing but Ambry leads the way. They reported at a recent cf conference that they now are evaluating for 1800 mutations! I wonder when the statistic of 1 in 23 caucasions is going to to be reevaluated...seems like there's got to be a whole lot more carriers. As my dad said recently, "I think we're going to find that many of us have some shade of gray of cf."

LouLou

Cf dx w/ "normal

LouLou

Cf dx w/ "normal

LouLou

Cf dx w/ "normal

3gr8kids

Cf dx w/ "normal

wow its very interesting to know that there are soo many ppl out there w/ low sweat tests....My daughtor was diag at 3 b/c at birth her test they do in the hosp showed F508 but her sweat was 6......now that she is three and we had the full panel done b/c my son has cf we did another sweat and it was 16.....now my daughtor has no symptoms but my son who carries the same mutations has a cough all the time and is on enzymes...his sweat was 64 and 69....so it makes me wonder what was his at age 3 before he was diag...we just found out this april he has CF

3gr8kids

Cf dx w/ "normal

wow its very interesting to know that there are soo many ppl out there w/ low sweat tests....My daughtor was diag at 3 b/c at birth her test they do in the hosp showed F508 but her sweat was 6......now that she is three and we had the full panel done b/c my son has cf we did another sweat and it was 16.....now my daughtor has no symptoms but my son who carries the same mutations has a cough all the time and is on enzymes...his sweat was 64 and 69....so it makes me wonder what was his at age 3 before he was diag...we just found out this april he has CF

3gr8kids

Cf dx w/ "normal

3gr8kids

Cf dx w/ "normal

3gr8kids

Cf dx w/ "normal

AnnaH

Cf dx w/ "normal

I know sisters who both had negative sweat tests(7 and 4- very low) and are both ddf508. I've heard of lots of people who had borderline sweat tests and have CF.
That said, my sisters was borderline, and she's only a carrier.

You should call ambry/quest directly- i'm sure they can help you.

AnnaH

Cf dx w/ "normal

I know sisters who both had negative sweat tests(7 and 4- very low) and are both ddf508. I've heard of lots of people who had borderline sweat tests and have CF.

AnnaH

Cf dx w/ "normal

AnnaH

Cf dx w/ "normal

AnnaH

Cf dx w/ "normal

M

Mommafirst

Cf dx w/

Since you are looking for a tally:

My daughter had a 53 and then a 45 sweat score. She had one mutation on the basic panel and the second one required the full blown Ambry sequencing to find and to give her a positive CF diagnosis.

M

Mommafirst

Cf dx w/

My daughter had a 53 and then a 45 sweat score. She had one mutation on the basic panel and the second one required the full blown Ambry sequencing to find and to give her a positive CF diagnosis.

M

Mommafirst

Cf dx w/

M

Mommafirst

Cf dx w/

M

Mommafirst

Cf dx w/