CF FACTS

The salt deficiency which separates CFers from non CFers and causes many of the issues CF patients deal with is less than one teaspoon less than a non CF patient.
<br />
<br />Jerry.......father to Ryan, 11, w/cf dd508, Luke, 8, CF carrier and Sean, 3, w/cf dd508

hmw

I'm sorry. I wasn't going for 'depressing', but all of it is what CF can and does bring to those who deal with the disease and people need to know about it. It's unbelievable how many people have said to me, upon finding out Emily has CF ...'but that's not so bad nowadays, is it?' Sure, it's better than it used to be... but the last time the average human life expectancy was in the 30's was in medieval times! (median, average, yeah I know- but the point is there.)

hmw

I'm sorry. I wasn't going for 'depressing', but all of it is what CF can and does bring to those who deal with the disease and people need to know about it. It's unbelievable how many people have said to me, upon finding out Emily has CF ...'but that's not so bad nowadays, is it?' Sure, it's better than it used to be... but the last time the average human life expectancy was in the 30's was in medieval times! (median, average, yeah I know- but the point is there.)

hmw

<p>I'm sorry. I wasn't going for 'depressing', but all of it is what CF can and does bring to those who deal with the disease and people need to know about it. It's unbelievable how many people have said to me, upon finding out Emily has CF ...'but that's not so bad nowadays, is it?' Sure, it's better than it used to be... but the last time the average human life expectancy was in the 30's was in medieval times! (median, average, yeah I know- but the point is there.)