CF Handbook ?

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Does anyone know of a different (better?) book on CF for families. We have always had the Orenstein "Guide...", but wondered if there was something other people use.
thanks

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Does anyone know of a different (better?) book on CF for families. We have always had the Orenstein "Guide...", but wondered if there was something other people use.
thanks

JazzysMom

If you go onto the home page of this forum, they have a spot to click on where a bunch of books & references listed along with some info about each.

JazzysMom

If you go onto the home page of this forum, they have a spot to click on where a bunch of books & references listed along with some info about each.

JennifersHope

I am thinking this is the same one but when I first went to the CF center, the social worker gave me this book called "Cystic Fibrosis Third Edition A guide for Patient and Family" the author is David Orenstein.... which leads me to think it is the same one you have..

To be honest this book is thicker then a bible, and I haven't read to much of it because it still overwhelmes me and I get anxiety when I read it..... A different book I have that I did read some of is

"Now That I Have CF" Information for Men and Women Diagnosed As Adults.... Of course it only applies really if you were dx as an adult....I don't know of any other books, I haven't researched it to much....

Let me know if you find something good,

Jennifer

JennifersHope

I am thinking this is the same one but when I first went to the CF center, the social worker gave me this book called "Cystic Fibrosis Third Edition A guide for Patient and Family" the author is David Orenstein.... which leads me to think it is the same one you have..

To be honest this book is thicker then a bible, and I haven't read to much of it because it still overwhelmes me and I get anxiety when I read it..... A different book I have that I did read some of is

"Now That I Have CF" Information for Men and Women Diagnosed As Adults.... Of course it only applies really if you were dx as an adult....I don't know of any other books, I haven't researched it to much....

Let me know if you find something good,

Jennifer

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Thanks Melissa, I'll look.

Jennifer, the book is really thick and scarey, to be honest, we use it more for medical terms and such. We got it free once as a promotion for something.

Sean, That's the best advice EVER!

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Thanks Melissa, I'll look.

Jennifer, the book is really thick and scarey, to be honest, we use it more for medical terms and such. We got it free once as a promotion for something.

Sean, That's the best advice EVER!

Vampy

i asked for a book to show rory one day and they gave me this huge binder full of everything u can think of about cf, how to feed a baby with cf, and what not it was awsome i read it alot. it makes me more comfortable about having a baby and they might have cf

Vampy

i asked for a book to show rory one day and they gave me this huge binder full of everything u can think of about cf, how to feed a baby with cf, and what not it was awsome i read it alot. it makes me more comfortable about having a baby and they might have cf