CF Healthcare supplies to donate

kellycares

It is with great sadness that I am writing this post. My friend Debbie, 54 with CF, passed two weeks ago after a valiant fight. Her husband asked me to find a place to donate her health supplies. He has several oxygen tanks, loads of unused tubing, medical food supplements and many other supplies. He does not want them to go to waste. <div>Is there a place to donate them or perhaps a family that could use them? We are located in No. NJ.</div><div>Thanks,</div><div>Kelly</div>

kellycares

It is with great sadness that I am writing this post. My friend Debbie, 54 with CF, passed two weeks ago after a valiant fight. Her husband asked me to find a place to donate her health supplies. He has several oxygen tanks, loads of unused tubing, medical food supplements and many other supplies. He does not want them to go to waste.Is there a place to donate them or perhaps a family that could use them? We are located in No. NJ.Thanks,Kelly

kellycares

It is with great sadness that I am writing this post. My friend Debbie, 54 with CF, passed two weeks ago after a valiant fight. Her husband asked me to find a place to donate her health supplies. He has several oxygen tanks, loads of unused tubing, medical food supplements and many other supplies. He does not want them to go to waste.Is there a place to donate them or perhaps a family that could use them? We are located in No. NJ.Thanks,Kelly

Tammy15

<P>Her oxygen supplier , I know in our case the supplier of tanks concentrator wheelchair etc we called them and they took them back. If none tubes and meds are opened you may want to check with locsl red cross. Sending prayers to her family and friends during this time</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Tammy</P>

Tammy15

<P>Her oxygen supplier , I know in our case the supplier of tanks concentrator wheelchair etc we called them and they took them back. If none tubes and meds are opened you may want to check with locsl red cross. Sending prayers to her family and friends during this time</P>
<P></P>
<P>Tammy</P>

Tammy15

<P><BR>Her oxygen supplier , I know in our case the supplier of tanks concentrator wheelchair etc we called them and they took them back. If none tubes and meds are opened you may want to check with locsl red cross. Sending prayers to her family and friends during this time</P>
<P></P>
<P>Tammy</P>

JustDucky

I am so sorry for your loss, I will keep you as well as her family and friends in my thoughts and prayers. As far as donations, call her DME (oxygen) supplier, they will come and get the unused tanks. Maybe you or her husband could contact her CF clinic as far as the other supplies go. I am sure they have resources for donations.

Sending hugs,
Jenn

JustDucky

I am so sorry for your loss, I will keep you as well as her family and friends in my thoughts and prayers. As far as donations, call her DME (oxygen) supplier, they will come and get the unused tanks. Maybe you or her husband could contact her CF clinic as far as the other supplies go. I am sure they have resources for donations.

Sending hugs,
Jenn

JustDucky

<br />
<br />Sending hugs,
<br />Jenn

kellycares

Thank you so much for the ideas and support. I will try the local CF clinic. I think her husband wants to donate them to someone who could use them.
Kelly

kellycares

Thank you so much for the ideas and support. I will try the local CF clinic. I think her husband wants to donate them to someone who could use them.
Kelly

kellycares

<br />Kelly

T

TleighsHusband

I have done a little of all of the above. Her unused meds I gave to the CF clinic who then gave them away to patients who needed the extra help. They knew what would be appropriate to give away and what needed to be disposed. The medical supplies left over from IVs and such I am giving to a local clinic that provides free health care to low income folks, some of the meds and vitamins I have given to other CFers, and then the DME was mainly "rented" so they came and picked that stuff up like the oxygen tanks. Her diabetic supplies I gave to Dr. who worked a lot with the CF clinic -- when I have her the pump she said that she had just the person who needed it that had CF but had no insurance to cover the 7k cost of the pump -- what a blessing to know that it is helping someone else! I have had the hardest time finding homes for her vest (it is old) and her nebulizers as they are much easier to come by and most CFers probably have a couple old extras in the closet anyway. I will probably give the nebulizers to the same health clinic mentioned above. For me I have done it in stages as it felt right -- not sure if I could have handled it all going away at once as some of it is like furniture -- the house just wouldn't look right without it. I am now just giving away the last of the supplies. It really can be a joy to give the stuff away when you know it is helping someone else!

T

TleighsHusband

I have done a little of all of the above. Her unused meds I gave to the CF clinic who then gave them away to patients who needed the extra help. They knew what would be appropriate to give away and what needed to be disposed. The medical supplies left over from IVs and such I am giving to a local clinic that provides free health care to low income folks, some of the meds and vitamins I have given to other CFers, and then the DME was mainly "rented" so they came and picked that stuff up like the oxygen tanks. Her diabetic supplies I gave to Dr. who worked a lot with the CF clinic -- when I have her the pump she said that she had just the person who needed it that had CF but had no insurance to cover the 7k cost of the pump -- what a blessing to know that it is helping someone else! I have had the hardest time finding homes for her vest (it is old) and her nebulizers as they are much easier to come by and most CFers probably have a couple old extras in the closet anyway. I will probably give the nebulizers to the same health clinic mentioned above. For me I have done it in stages as it felt right -- not sure if I could have handled it all going away at once as some of it is like furniture -- the house just wouldn't look right without it. I am now just giving away the last of the supplies. It really can be a joy to give the stuff away when you know it is helping someone else!

T

TleighsHusband

<br />