CF Liver Disease - Any Therapies in the Pipeline

mom2leila

Hi Uli,

Yep, we've been tested for that and our daughter also has alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency. Very unlucky indeed. Our clinic said she was a one in a million! Our GI doc thinks her liver problems are more CF related because of the way the biopsy appears, but you can't ever be sure. Good point to bring up, Uli.

mom2leila

Hi Uli,

Yep, we've been tested for that and our daughter also has alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency. Very unlucky indeed. Our clinic said she was a one in a million! Our GI doc thinks her liver problems are more CF related because of the way the biopsy appears, but you can't ever be sure. Good point to bring up, Uli.

mom2leila

Hi Uli,

mom2leila

Uli,

Leila does not receive Prolastin because of her age. It doesn't treat the liver disease and according to her docs we shouldn't see lung problems from the A1AT until she is older. She is the most severe form, PiZZ, so I imagine that we'll use it eventually. I'm not really sure at what age, though. How do you know about A1AT?

mom2leila

Uli,

Leila does not receive Prolastin because of her age. It doesn't treat the liver disease and according to her docs we shouldn't see lung problems from the A1AT until she is older. She is the most severe form, PiZZ, so I imagine that we'll use it eventually. I'm not really sure at what age, though. How do you know about A1AT?

mom2leila

Uli,

Uli

I´m also a member in a german forum for lung diseases and found the A1AT there.

Uli,44,Germany

Uli

Uli,44,Germany

Uli

Uli,44,Germany