Cf Lung transplant video of surgery

Breezy

Cool! Thanx for posting! I found that interesting! The only part that made me wince was when they started sewing the person up. THAT looked painful since they were so gaped open.

JazzysMom

I have to say this was amazing and they make it appear so "simple". The part that bothered me the most was "pulling" the rib cage back together......Thanks for sharing!

JazzysMom

I have to say this was amazing and they make it appear so "simple". The part that bothered me the most was "pulling" the rib cage back together......Thanks for sharing!

JazzysMom

Kelli

I couldn't open it here at work. I'll try it from home.
I'm kind of having second thoughts. If it's really graphic do I want someone doing this to me?
Hummmmmmmmmmmm.

~Kelli
29 f. CF

Any post TX people on here that looked at this?

Kelli

I'm kind of having second thoughts. If it's really graphic do I want someone doing this to me?
Hummmmmmmmmmmm.

~Kelli
29 f. CF

Kelli

Hummmmmmmmmmmm.

~Kelli
29 f. CF

Sreh

WOW, that brought back some memories =D I found it Most enlightening. I know they clamshelled ya when preforming the procedure, but I didn't know they opened you up THAT much... I was floored by what I saw... it is deffinately worth watching and for anyone who might be questioning whether or not going through it... don't think twice about it. This may look bad, but honestly it is WELL worth it afterwards. I had questioned my decision the first week or two after I had the procedure saying... What the hell did I get myself into? But once I started to feel better I was so GLAD that I did go through it. WELL WORTH it!!!

Sreh

WOW, that brought back some memories =D I found it Most enlightening. I know they clamshelled ya when preforming the procedure, but I didn't know they opened you up THAT much... I was floored by what I saw... it is deffinately worth watching and for anyone who might be questioning whether or not going through it... don't think twice about it. This may look bad, but honestly it is WELL worth it afterwards. I had questioned my decision the first week or two after I had the procedure saying... What the hell did I get myself into? But once I started to feel better I was so GLAD that I did go through it. WELL WORTH it!!!

Sreh

LouLou

very interesting... sort of reminded me of a mechanic working under the hood in a freaky way. I couldn't believe at the end how they just sort of pulled the string to close up the chest cavity - - seemed so crude (or better said by someone else "simple") but I'm sure that's the best way and they know what they are doing. If I was the surgeon I'd be nervous I'd puncture the heart when doing that intricate sewing on the vessel right next to the beating heart. It was so cool to see the lungs working - in, out, in, out. Nice - thanks for posting.

LouLou

very interesting... sort of reminded me of a mechanic working under the hood in a freaky way. I couldn't believe at the end how they just sort of pulled the string to close up the chest cavity - - seemed so crude (or better said by someone else "simple") but I'm sure that's the best way and they know what they are doing. If I was the surgeon I'd be nervous I'd puncture the heart when doing that intricate sewing on the vessel right next to the beating heart. It was so cool to see the lungs working - in, out, in, out. Nice - thanks for posting.

LouLou

Jane

Digital opinion leader
ABsolutely amazing! It is so strange thinking its an actual person you're watching.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
ABsolutely amazing! It is so strange thinking its an actual person you're watching.

Jane

Digital opinion leader