CF metaphors

OK... First of all, I like what Lex said. It really hits the heart of the matter. It is amazing to me how many people will quickly turn to the same saying when they find out you are sick or dealing with something as we CFer's are. That same old saying was even mentioned here, "Any one of us could get hit by a bus tomorrow.". Was this taught in school or something? My reply to this is, " True, but I can see the headlights coming and hear the horn honking!". I never have had anyone respond further. That is not my goal but I think it puts a clearer perspective on things for them. Anyway, that's my two cents.
Great topic!
Dave/46/male/CF/MRSA/Reactive Hypoglycemia/Proud father of a 20 year old soldier

OK... First of all, I like what Lex said. It really hits the heart of the matter. It is amazing to me how many people will quickly turn to the same saying when they find out you are sick or dealing with something as we CFer's are. That same old saying was even mentioned here, "Any one of us could get hit by a bus tomorrow.". Was this taught in school or something? My reply to this is, " True, but I can see the headlights coming and hear the horn honking!". I never have had anyone respond further. That is not my goal but I think it puts a clearer perspective on things for them. Anyway, that's my two cents.
Great topic!
Dave/46/male/CF/MRSA/Reactive Hypoglycemia/Proud father of a 20 year old soldier

Great topic!

Great topic!

<br />Great topic!
<br />Dave/46/male/CF/MRSA/Reactive Hypoglycemia/Proud father of a 20 year old soldier

CaliSally

RE the phrase "..you could be hit by a bus tomorrow..."

How very odd, the "finish line" is measured differently by different cf'ers...

Some see the finish line as a given - no matter who the most-ahead player is - we both play the game; while others see it as a game that's been cheated it's win.

CaliSally

Some see the finish line as a given - no matter who the most-ahead player is - we both play the game; while others see it as a game that's been cheated it's win.

CaliSally

CaliSally

CaliSally

<br />
<br />How very odd, the "finish line" is measured differently by different cf'ers...
<br />
<br />Some see the finish line as a given - no matter who the most-ahead player is - we both play the game; while others see it as a game that's been cheated it's win.

ChelsAnn

Here is a metaphor that I presented in a public speaking class once:

Caring for CF is like cleaning your house. Everyday you have to do small things to keep it tidy (taking out the trash, washing dishes, etc.) otherwise junk builds up. However, you also have to do a big "spring cleaning" every now and then to really get everything nice an clean, which is like a tuneup.

ChelsAnn

Caring for CF is like cleaning your house. Everyday you have to do small things to keep it tidy (taking out the trash, washing dishes, etc.) otherwise junk builds up. However, you also have to do a big "spring cleaning" every now and then to really get everything nice an clean, which is like a tuneup.

ChelsAnn

ChelsAnn

ChelsAnn

<br />
<br />Caring for CF is like cleaning your house. Everyday you have to do small things to keep it tidy (taking out the trash, washing dishes, etc.) otherwise junk builds up. However, you also have to do a big "spring cleaning" every now and then to really get everything nice an clean, which is like a tuneup.