Cf Moms

tara

I didn't do any airway clearance from about age 18 to 30. (I'm 31 now) I do the vest now, to humor my doctor, but I don't think it works nearly as well as HTS. Honestly, for me, just sitting and not talking, but breathing through my mouth with my nebs gets more mucus out than any amount of time or frequency on the vest. Does the HTS make you gag too much while you are pg? If you do find yourself unable to do the vest, I would highly suggest alternating HTS with pulmozyme and increasing the number of treatments during the day.

I had all sorts of shooting pains/nerves through the vaginal area and the back of my legs during the end of my pg. Even some muscle cramps. I was quite large, carrying twins that totalled 12#1oz in the end! (I'm sure Julie can relate! I think she was bigger than me, but we are of similar stature) I never had back/muscle pain, but I heard early on, if you keep your chin level to the ground it helps with posture during pg. I ended up with no back pain, until now, now that I lift the wiggly toddlers in strange positions. LOL! During pg I would lie in bed on my side to rest at night and I always kept a pillow under the belly because otherwise it just hung uncomfortably.

Good luck and enjoy the rest of your pg.

Tara

AnD

Oh yeah, the pillows- lots and lots of pillows- for my tummy, between my knees... I forgot all about that! LOL!

AnD

Oh yeah, the pillows- lots and lots of pillows- for my tummy, between my knees... I forgot all about that! LOL!

AnD

becca23

I did manual cpt with a percussor for both of my pregnancies. I just found a comfortable position to lay in and protect the belly usually with one knee up and kind of propped up on one hip.

I had awful hip pain when I had Hanna. The doc said it was due to her laying on the hip joint and the nerves. I would go to bed and prop my belly up with pillows and lay one between my legs.

becca23

I did manual cpt with a percussor for both of my pregnancies. I just found a comfortable position to lay in and protect the belly usually with one knee up and kind of propped up on one hip.

I had awful hip pain when I had Hanna. The doc said it was due to her laying on the hip joint and the nerves. I would go to bed and prop my belly up with pillows and lay one between my legs.

becca23

Scarlett81

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>becca23</b></i>

I had awful hip pain when I had Hanna. The doc said it was due to her laying on the hip joint and the nerves. I would go to bed and prop my belly up with pillows and lay one between my legs.</end quote></div>

Do you mean you used pillows and laid down while you were doing chest pt?

Scarlett81

I had awful hip pain when I had Hanna. The doc said it was due to her laying on the hip joint and the nerves. I would go to bed and prop my belly up with pillows and lay one between my legs.</end quote></div>

Scarlett81

MamatoAlexa

I did not do much airway clearance while pg. If I felt I needed something I used my acapella or had DH beat on me. Towards the end I had wicked heartburn
that caused me to cough and that caused me to throw up. Fun times! And just think....I want to do it all again.

MamatoAlexa

I did not do much airway clearance while pg. If I felt I needed something I used my acapella or had DH beat on me. Towards the end I had wicked heartburn
that caused me to cough and that caused me to throw up. Fun times! And just think....I want to do it all again.

MamatoAlexa

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>MamatoAlexa</b></i>

that caused me to cough and that caused me to throw up. Fun times! And just think....I want to do it all again.</end quote></div>

Hmmmm Anne.........sounds like fun LOL!

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>MamatoAlexa</b></i>

that caused me to cough and that caused me to throw up. Fun times! And just think....I want to do it all again.</end quote></div>

JazzysMom