CF mutation question

Jem

My second gene did not turn up until they tested for 87 genes. I would push for the full Ambry panel...why not go for the best when it is available? If your son's test comes back positive for one gene that might give you the leverage you need to go forward for the full Ambry panel. Good luck...I am keeping your son in prayer that his symptoms are properly diagnosed. Let us know how it goes.

Jem

My second gene did not turn up until they tested for 87 genes. I would push for the full Ambry panel...why not go for the best when it is available? If your son's test comes back positive for one gene that might give you the leverage you need to go forward for the full Ambry panel. Good luck...I am keeping your son in prayer that his symptoms are properly diagnosed. Let us know how it goes.

Jem

Jem

Jem

S

sdelorenzo

My daughter's genes turned up in the most common bloodwork panel. She has double delta 508. Somewhere around 40% of the population has double delta and around 60-70% (I think) has one copy of delta 508. So they are able to catch quite a few people's genes in the first scan. It also make sense $ wise. I would say let them run the first scan, but do the full scan if that one is not conclusive.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 6 and Jack, 4 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

My daughter's genes turned up in the most common bloodwork panel. She has double delta 508. Somewhere around 40% of the population has double delta and around 60-70% (I think) has one copy of delta 508. So they are able to catch quite a few people's genes in the first scan. It also make sense $ wise. I would say let them run the first scan, but do the full scan if that one is not conclusive.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo